Go Down

Topic: Alimentation problem with 7' display (Read 556 times) previous topic - next topic

Mr07

Hi, I have the em-506 gps and 7' Nextion display(enhanced model) and I want to display the coordinates on the screen.
Its working gps and display for separate but when I connect both at the same time gps goes crazy (when gps get signal led blinks, in that moment if I connect the display, led stop blink. If I disconnect screen, gps blinks normally again).
I think it may be for the consumption of the screen.
GPS ->5V 34-50mA
Screen ->5V 510mA

Here is the schema.
(Charger is 5V 1A as they recommend)

allanhurst

Can you check the power supply voltages? - that would give you an idea.

The gps receiver is extremely sensitve, and only a tiny amount of interference will upset it. Is the display causing this?

try  adding several 1n capacitors across the psus and supply to the display AT THE DISPLAY

regards

Allan

Mr07

I see it´s not alimentation problem, interferences are caused by the electromagnetic field of the display.

KeithRB

I suggest you google translate "alimentation", it does not mean what you think it means.

sterretje

I suggest you google translate "alimentation", it does not mean what you think it means.
Hmm, according to google translate it does :D

Translate to dutch (my native language) and it's "voeding". And in dutch a power supply is a "voeding". "voeding" has multiple meanings though but it boils down to food / feeding.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up