Go Down

Topic: Micro not recognized by computer (Read 4234 times) previous topic - next topic

somnath3


somnath3

Checked the cable - it is fine.
Contacted Arduino Store USA - no response

ballscrewbob

Are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports ?

If its USB 3.0 then please try on a USB 2.0 port before you return it.
USB 3.0 is known to cause issues an many Arduinos and other USB equipment also.

If you only have USB 3.0 the most common fix is to use a USB 2.0 powered hub between the arduino and the USB port.

Another issue was some microsoft driver updates for USB devices that pooched a lot of things.
Cannot remember which KB it was but am going to point you at a couple of possible fixes.
Other thing to do is see which updates are installed on your box and drop out the USB ones one at a time.

First here

Second HERE (Try number 6 down the list.)
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

titleist1

Also a new user and I had the very same issue yesterday on my Win7 machine.  Tried a number of things I found here and searching the web in general, different USB cable, pressing reset button, tried a Vista machine instead of the Win7, back to Win 7 machine but the Micro would not show up in Device Manager.

Worked with it for aver an hour and finally double and triple clicking the reset button it would recognize the USB device as an Arduino Micro but it failed to load the driver and disappeared from Device Manager again.  After a couple more tries it successfully loaded the driver.  Unfortunately not sure what the magic combination was to get it to work.  I did hold reset button down while plugging in USB cable on the laptop and then double clicking it, maybe that was the solution...not sure. 

Now it finds it every time it the USB is plugged in no matter which cable I use.  Happy it is working, wish I knew exactly why to help others.

somnath3

I found the problem due to the anti-static foam that came attached to the header pins. On removing the foam, Micro got recognized by computer and sketch could be uploaded. Perhaps some pins were getting shorted by the conducting foam.

dmjlambert

Now that is pretty funny!   It never occurred to me we could be dealing with something not completely removed from the packaging.   I guess we should have asked you first thing to post picture of the board with the cable attached.   

ballscrewbob

Have to add that to my list of do's and dont's LOL.

Have probably done worse myself though.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up