Go Down

Topic: My question izzzz........ (Read 524 times) previous topic - next topic

daljitgroup

I have 3.8V and 1.5Ah battery.I will use a step up circuit that gives 5v and 300mA

output using 3.5v in(from my battery).Then i will use blocking diode to take voltage

only(5v) and i dont need current from this circuit.Again I will also use a step down

circuit that gives 1v and 3A output using 3.5v in(from my battery).Then i will use

another blocking diode to take current(3A) only and i dont need voltage from this

circuit.So Can i get 5v and 3A output in this way from a 3.8V and 1.5Ah battery?And

Now what will happen with my battery?

I need to understand that if I can get more power out of the circuit than comes out

of the batteries. To extrapolate what I want to do, imagine I want to power my house

with 240V @ 100A (24KW). I want it with a 1V @ 100A (0.1KW) power source combined

with a 240V @ 1A (0.24KW) power source.

If to power my house with 1v@100A(taking the current only from here using blocking

diode) and with 240v@1A(taking the voltage only from here using another blocking

diode) and combine both of this to get 240@100A.Is it possible? Well if it is

possible i will again feed back the 5v and 3A output to battery to recharge it.So

before being the battery empty(if) i will be recharging it again by the estimated

output from the combined circuits.Will the battery really be empty after producing

separately stepped volt and current or can i get volt(5v) and current(3A) greater

than my battery(3.8V,1.5Ah) in this way?Does my thinking have a hope?

stowite

I.So Can i get 5v and 3A output in this way from a 3.8V and 1.5Ah battery?And

Now what will happen with my battery?

I need to understand that if I can get more power out of the circuit than comes out

of the batteries.
I really don't understand your question or the description of your circuit. It all makes no sense to me.

At full charge your battery stores 3.8V * 1.5Ah Watt hours of energy. Unless you have somehow invented a perpetual motion machine then this is the maximum you can get out of it regardless of what circuit you use it in (Google for the first law of thermodynamics). Even if if you convert the 3.8V to 5 volts at 100% efficiency then you will still only have 3.8V * 1.5Ah Watt hours of energy.

stowite

Perhaps it's been repealed?
I once tried to get it repealed but the politician I approached said it was a fallacy promoted by the opposition so could be ignored.   

Noobian

Nov 23, 2016, 10:50 am Last Edit: Nov 23, 2016, 10:54 am by Noobian
First of all, your question is a bit confusing. Why not post a diagram instead, which is more easier to explain anyway.

Second, I have some question about your project, here goes-

I will use a step up circuit that gives 5v and 300mA
Why just 300mA and not the full potential of the boost circuit?

Then i will use blocking diode to take voltage only(5v) and i dont need current from this circuit
What kind of diode are you going to use without getting a voltage drop? along with zero current out? is that even possible???

Then i will use another blocking diode to take current(3A) only and i dont need voltage from this circuit
and how is electricity gonna flow through your circuit with zero voltage?

So Can i get 5v and 3A output in this way from a 3.8V and 1.5Ah battery
How on earth is that even possible.???
5V x 3A      = 15W
3.8V x 1.5A = 5.7W (your battery)

What kind of sorcery do you think you might achieve? tripling the capacity of the battery?
Dude, please do basic math before you post things like this.. :D

imagine I want to power my house with 240V @ 100A (24KW). I want it with a 1V @ 100A (0.1KW) power source combined with a 240V @ 1A (0.24KW) power source.
If to power my house with 1v@100A(taking the current only from here using blocking diode) and with 240v@1A(taking the voltage only from here using another blocking diode) and combine both of this to get 240@100A.Is it possible?
Again, dude, basic math here. 0.1KW + 0.24KW ≠24KW
Try to do your calculations in watts and don't be glaring at just the amps or volts.

Well if it is possible i will again feed back the 5v and 3A output to battery to recharge it.
Does the snake in Nokia Snake game get larger by eating it's own tail?

If possible, your circuit could charge 2 batteries of the same capacity as the one which you are using to charge them, and those 2 batteries can in turn charge 4 more of the same capacity and the multiplication process continues and all of our worlds power consumption problems will be solved overnight.:D
Just like what stowite said. First law of thermodynamics 101.

Does my thinking have a hope?
Not really in planet reality I would suggest.;)

Noobian

Google for the first law of thermodynamics
laws are meant to be broken.    ;D

MarkT

Your whole premise is flawed - you cannot combine voltage from one circuit with current from another.
current and voltage are properties of each circuit, if you connect them you have a new circuit and
you then have to analyze that new circuit afresh.

Energy is conserved, there's no getting away from that fact, and everytime you do power conversion
some power is wasted as heat too.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Jiggy-Ninja

It's not worth explaining in detail, because the question itself, as far as I have been able to understand it, reveals such a confused "understanding" (if it can be called that) of how energy works in an electrical circuit that it is impossible to adequately fix in a few forum posts.

hen i will use blocking diode to take voltage

only(5v) and i dont need current from this circuit
Then i will use

another blocking diode to take current(3A) only and i dont need voltage from this

circuit
How did you plan on wiring those diodes to take "voltage only" from one circuit and "current only" from the other? This description is total nonsense.

Anytime you think of a "cool hack" and wonder "could I get more energy out than in with this?" the answer is always NO. The details do not matter, the answer is always NO.
Hackaday: https://hackaday.io/MarkRD
Advanced C++ Techniques: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=493075.0

123Splat

The answer is:  "Him makem FIRE!!"

Go Up