Go Down

Topic: PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features) (Read 158596 times) previous topic - next topic

sumguy

If you look at the "Beginners Guide" that comes packaged with PLX-DAQ-v2 there is a command called CELL,GET, this is a command sent from the arduino, the Excel app responds with the value of the specified row + column. Although it does not show in the example you might realize that if the row value is replaced by a variable you would be able to retrieve different values from the desired column at any particular time period you set in your arduino code.

NetDevil

I'm trying to send data from an Excel Document to Arduino UNO
is it possible to do that with the PLX-DAQ ?
Hi Carlos,
yes it is possible, just the way sumguy described it. And many thanks for the feedback :)

If you look at the "Beginners Guide" that comes packaged with PLX-DAQ-v2 there is a command called CELL,GET, this is a command sent from the arduino, the Excel app responds with the value of the specified row + column. Although it does not show in the example you might realize that if the row value is replaced by a variable you would be able to retrieve different values from the desired column at any particular time period you set in your arduino code.
@sumguy:
thanks for the perfect answer, Karma for you! Welcome to the team  ;D no we are ..... two :smiley-mr-green:

I want to ask, I am using Mac OS currently, and is trying to use the PLX-DAQ. What I am confused is that in my arduino application, which I have reinstalled multiple times just in case. I just can't seem to find COM in port? Or is it possible to use usbmodem in PLX-DAQ excel?
Hi Brilliantgp,
MacOS is nothing I was ever able to test, therefore I can not give you an answer. Nevertheless it was discussed multiple times in the past, sadly no one has ever taken the time to deep dive into it, research, trial and error or post feedback.
It would be much appreciated if you can take a shot at it?
See previous requests first one here and second one here.

Greetings to all of you

OneLeafAutumn

Good day !
If it is  inappropriate please ignore.

I just want to ask what is the difference of using PLX-DAQ to other such as Cool Term, Tera Term, Putty, etc. ?
And is the latest version 2.11?
Lastly, this is compatible with sensors (current)?
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

NetDevil

I just want to ask what is the difference of using PLX-DAQ to other such as Cool Term, Tera Term, Putty, etc. ?
And is the latest version 2.11?
Lastly, this is compatible with sensors (current)?
Hi OneLeafAutumn,

well no problem asking those questions. I don't know CoolTerm and Tera Term but it lines in with PuTTY as command line orientated tools for serial communication I guess? In some way PLX DAQ is similar but the main difference is, that PLX DAQ comes shipped as a bundle with Microsoft Excel, whereby in Excel macros were programmed to listed to the data being received via the serial port and to act accordingly (e.g. adding data to rows, deleting data, transforming certain key words to variables). It is more then just communication via serial port, it is about plotting received data in a more structured format.

2.11 is the currently newest version, yes. Although it already is a bit older and there is a certain change list in my head I am not having the time at the moment to implement further changes.

It is compatible with everything that the Arduino (or other micro controller) can work with. All it does is receive data in a structure format via the serial interface. There should be any kind of hardware between PLX DAQ and the sensors which can read the current values from the sensors and transform that into plain text.

In case you have further questions please feel free to ask.

Greetings

Jonathan

OneLeafAutumn

Hello NetDevil,

Sorry haven't checked your reply, been busy with school and stuffs.
Thanks for answering my questions. It's a great help since I am currently planning to do a project and wondering whether I can use PLX-DAQ.

ScapeZ

Hey, I am new to arduino and programming in general. For school I am working on a project where I want to meassure Humidity and Temperature using the DHT22 sensor. I also have to transfer the data on Excel to make diagramms and tables. Could you please take a look at the attached sketch and help me with the PLX-DAQ ?
Thanks for all the efforts in advance,
Jonas

Hugocad

Hello!

I'm currently using PLX-DAQ V2.11 on a laptop on which Windows 10 has just been installed and I have issues that I didn't have before.

Indeed, even if my Arduino is connected on COM4 and I set the frequency to 128000 as it used to work on Windows 7, when I start my analysis, no data are written on my Excel File.

I discovered that when I connect my Arduino/Mega to my PC, when I go into the "Device Manager", in the "COM & USB" Section, my Arduino is called "USB Serial Device" while it used to be "Arduino Mega".
I thought it could come from Arduino Drivers that should be re installed for Windows 10 maybe?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hugo

NetDevil

Could you please take a look at the attached sketch and help me with the PLX-DAQ ?
Hi Jonas,
we are both German but let's keep this in English thus everyone can participate (just wanted to say I do understand your code and comments made ;) )
What is your problem anyways? You are prompting two outputs to Serial Monitor I see. First one being in line 28 looks fine, although you just send your i variable to Excel - nothing fancy there I guess?
Next one in line 34 to 39 is a bit tricky. Do you not want to have in Excel via PLX DAQ? In that case ok, but if you want it you need to do it in the proper format (like the one in line 28). Just replace your i variable with the once for humidity and temperature.

I discovered that when I connect my Arduino/Mega to my PC, when I go into the "Device Manager", in the "COM & USB" Section, my Arduino is called "USB Serial Device" while it used to be "Arduino Mega".
I thought it could come from Arduino Drivers that should be re installed for Windows 10 maybe?
Hi Hugo,

sadly I do not have any experience with Win10 and PLX DAQ / Arduino yet. Still using Win 7 ;) but there were some users with Win10 being able to use the software I guess already. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? As long as your Arduino is not working fine on Win10 I guess PLX DAQ would suffer recognizing the device as well and won't work. Just try to solve that one out and everything should be fine.

Greetings to both of you.

doidgy

chemtec

Net_Devil this is great work you have done.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to add more analog channels to the PLX-DAQ v2. 
Arduino code:
oid loop() {
  milli_time = millis();
  voltTC = 5.000 * analogRead(A0) / 1024.000;
  voltTH = 5.000 * analogRead(A1) / 1024.000;
  voltpH = 5.000 * analogRead(A2) / 1024.000;
  Serial.print("DATA,TIME,");
  Serial.print(milli_time);
  Serial.print(",");
  Serial.println(voltTC);
  Serial.print(",");
  Serial.println(voltTH);
  Serial.print(",");
  Serial.println(voltpH);
  //Serial.print(",");

delay(1000);             

Is there anything I have to do in DataReady subroutine?
Thanks

sumguy

Try using just the one println and see if it helps.

Code: [Select]
oid loop() {
  milli_time = millis();
  voltTC = 5.000 * analogRead(A0) / 1024.000;
  voltTH = 5.000 * analogRead(A1) / 1024.000;
  voltpH = 5.000 * analogRead(A2) / 1024.000;
  Serial.print("DATA,TIME,");
  Serial.print(milli_time);
  Serial.print(",");
  Serial.print(voltTC);
  Serial.print(",");
  Serial.print(voltTH);
  Serial.print(",");
  Serial.println(voltpH);  //last serial command uses println

delay(1000);             

chemtec

ScapeZ

Thanks for the response! As you already assumed I only want the Temperature, Humidity and time in the Excel sheet. But sadly I have absolutely no idea how to write that in the proper format. So it would be really nice if you or anyone else could help me with it. Btw I'm sorry for taking up your time. I really appreciate your help.

niltonfelipe

Net Devil Congratulations on the excellent project!

I have an ultrasonic sensor JSN-SR04T with arduino mega 2560 connected to a raspberry pi 3B + and I want to do exactly what this solution proposes (Save the water level in a reservoir in a worksheet). Is it possible to perform the task in linux environment? Will the libre office or open office run the macro?

Thank you!

NetDevil

@sumguy: thank you very much for taking care!

@Jonas (ScapeZ): as already said you do have one code block in the correct format and one in the wrong format. If in doubt please take a look at the Beginners Guide which is included in the zip file as it will answer your questions. The trick is to write the code in the format "Serial.println( (String) "Buzzword1,Buzzword2,Buzzword3" + Variable1 + "," + Variable2);"

@niltonfelipe: thanks a lot :) I am acutally running a Linux on my laptop but never really tried to get it to work with it (it is a Lubuntu with really limited processing power...). My best guess is that it won't work since PLX DAQ is heavily relying on some Windows API calls to work, but it might be that Libre or Open Office ported them to Unix. If you can, please give it a try and post your feedback :)

Greetings to all of you.

Go Up