Go Down

Topic: PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features) (Read 264804 times) previous topic - next topic

NetDevil

Great work here!

I would like to send data from my ESP32 to Excel via WiFi OTA rather than direct connection via COM port.  Does your PLX DAQ support this capability? Just like uploading an Arduino sketch to the board using a network port rather than a COM port.
Hi Vince,

thanks a lot :) Sadly it is not possible... The program was designed to mimic the COMM port communication as does the Arduino IDE.

I honestly gave it a try via WiFi and planned to extend but was not able to get my ESP8266 running at all. Might be i screwed up on the wiring :-/ therefore I dropped the programming for that.
Might be it is not that hard to do. Just open a communication via WebSocket module, listen for a connection and once data is received send it over to the same function already in place in v2.11
Someone with a solid need and a bit of google support (or support from my side) might be able to do the trick :) I would gladly assist.

vince31

Thanks, Ill give it a try and let you know how it goes with my ESP32

wikomi

Great tool, thanks for sharing! Maybe its already answered but searching gave no results.

It seems i cant print anything with Greek Letters (α, β, γ ,δ, ε, ζ) etc.
Excel just shows Greek letters as strange characters, eg: "Ξ'ριθμός Κυκλοφ."

Arduino Serial Monitor shows everything correctly, only when inserted into Excel, greek letters show as special characters.

Any solution on this one?

NetDevil

It seems i cant print anything with Greek Letters (α, β, γ ,δ, ε, ζ) etc.
Excel just shows Greek letters as strange characters, eg: "Ξ'ριθμός Κυκλοφ."

Arduino Serial Monitor shows everything correctly, only when inserted into Excel, greek letters show as special characters.

Any solution on this one?
Hi wikomi,
duh that is a tricky use case, never had that before! I am not sure how to find a correct solution here...

It seems Excel is not able to display the chars correctly in VBA code, but in cells and elements (text boxes, labels). There is code to convert data from unicode: StrConv(sourceText, vbFromUnicode).
I place your chars in a text file, saved it as unicode and read it in and was able to display the chars correctly in a cell, a text box and a label.

However, by adding "standard" chars (a, b, c, 1, 2, 3) it was not able to display those anymore :-/

So in case you plan on only sending greek letters I might give you a solution. Otherwise I fear there is no solution possible without some deep dive and huge efforts.... sorry to say....

wikomi

Thanks for looking into it, appreciated!

I plan to use only Greek Letters and Numbers as input, so i guess things will work fine per your suggestion.

Would appreciate any help on this and thanks again for your work.

NetDevil

Hi wikomi,

well then let's give it a try. I have changed the line of code where I think the feature should take place.
Attached is a new special version. Please give it a try :)

Go Up