Go Down

Topic: PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features) (Read 295490 times) previous topic - next topic

imagination *-*

Hi NetDevil,

It's me again. So far this excel has been working for me flawlessly. Without fail saving daily at 10.30pm as I set it to.

However I would now like it to save say, every 30 minutes (as an example) with a slightly different file name.

Example:

220121_1.csv (indicating first 30minutes)
220121_2.csv (next 30 minutes)
220121_3.csv (next 30 minutes)

And the cycle repeats.

Is this possible?

Much thanks.

NetDevil

Hi imagination,

if you can keep track of the time on Arduino side (e.g. my using modulo on millis() function) you can do that by SAVEWORKBOOKAS

Code: [Select]
Serial.println( (String) "SAVEWORKBOOKAS,220121_" + counter);

In context from the top of my head (not syntax proof !)

Code: [Select]

int i = 0;

void loop() {
   if ( millis() % 1800000 == 0) {
   Serial.println( (String) "SAVEWORKBOOKAS,220121_" + i++);
}

Just know that millis will overflow and reset at 50 days 70 minutes :)

imagination *-*

Hi NetDevil, 

Recently my excel crashed due to ntdll.dll.

Wondering if you had this crash before and if it is an excel version issue. 

NetDevil

Recently my excel crashed due to ntdll.dll.
Wondering if you had this crash before and if it is an excel version issue.
Hi imagination *-*,

sorry never had that issue before... From a little bit of google'ing it seems to be an issue that happens with Excel on several occasions and not just when using VBA code. I therefore think it is not related to PLX DAQ v2.
Maybe switch to a modern version of Excel will help?

Cheers
Jonathan

nicky10726

Hi NetDevil,
Thank you for the code, but I am a mac user, and I cannot find COM. So I want to try your previous proposal here, but I can't find the settings sheet on excel. Could you please elaborate? By the way, I use Google Translate to type this word, so it may look weird.thank you very much.

NetDevil

Hi Nicky,
I really appreciate you giving it a try on a Mac :-) multiple people asked before but sadly I never got an answer...
The sheet can be found (at least in Office on Windows) but making a right-click on any sheet at the bottom of the Workbook and selecting "Unhide".

Happy to hear from you!

Cheers

Jonathan

Go Up