Go Down

Topic: error message (Read 4330 times) previous topic - next topic

ark1944

I have been using Arduino IDE for quite sometime.
Recently I am seeing this problem.
I have selected the board as ARDUINO UNO thru' Tools>Board.
The Arduino UNO board is not connected yet to the USB PORT.
I am trying the File>Example>Blink sketch.
When I click on sketch>Varify/compile, I am expecting the sketch to be compiled,
but instead I get the following error message...

Arduino: 1.6.13 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

exec: "C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/avr-g++": file does not exist
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I don't understand how do I resolve this.
Any suggestions please ?

zhomeslice

try closing and reopening Arduino IDE sometimes libraries are not recognized until restart of the GUI
HC

PaulS

sometimes libraries are not recognized until restart of the GUI
What does that have to do with the IDE trying to invoke the compiler that does not seem to exist?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

zhomeslice

PaulS :) he gave us little to work on so the simplest solution usually works.

What does that have to do with the IDE trying to invoke the compiler that does not seem to exist?
Nothing: but resetting fixes lots of things and no one was helping after 3 hours so he probably gave up anyway. If he didn't it must have worked no further conversation occurred :)

Z
HC

johnwasser

A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they had a previous 1.5.x/1.6.x installation.  At least some of those problems seem to be caused by incompatible executables and preference files that the IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory.  Perhaps that is what is causing your particular problem.  In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X:
/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15     (a.k.a. ~/Library/Arduino15)
(Note: The 'Library' folder is greyed out in Finder. The folder can't be opened with a double-click. To browse the contents of 'Library', ctrl-click on it and select "Open in New Tab" from the pop-up menu.)

On Windows delete or rename both:
Arduino IDE 1.6.5r5 and previous: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15
Arduino IDE 1.6.6 and later:      C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15

On Linux:
/home/(username)/.arduino15    (a.k.a. ~/.arduino15)
(Note: file/folder names starting with '.' are not normally shown in directory listings.  Use 'ls -a' to get a directory listing that includes the hidden files.)
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

ark1944

Though many Thanks for the suggestions, yet I am sorry to inform, that closing and reopening the IDE does not work.
I also tried to look in the folder;

C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-

the folder shows empty and therefore it is true that file

arduino2/bin/avr-g++

does not exists there.
Suggestions are invited as to how do I add the required file in the correct location.
Thanks
-arun

ark1944

I will be glad to provide any more inputs if needed please, 

johnwasser

Delete the directory C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15 and re-install Arduino 1.6.13

ark1944

Hi johnwasser,
Thanks for the suggestion;

After lot of searching I have found an "avr-g++.exe"  file in a zip bundle in a folder shown below;

This PC>Local C>Users>Admin>AppData>Local>Arduino15>staging>packages>
avr-gcc-4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2-i686-mingw32.zip

can I make use of this information, can it be added in the required folder ?

If this info is of any use, please guide, or else I will follow as suggested to delete the entire directory and reinstall Arduino1.6.13
awaiting your suggestion..arun

johnwasser

You should not have to move programs around to get the IDE to work.  Even if you moved that one file thaere may be hundreds of other problems.  Much easier to delete the directory C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15 and re-install Arduino 1.6.13

ark1944

Hi Johnwasser..you are simply fantastic, deleting the C:\...Arduino15 folder, uninstalling the Arduino program and re-installing the Arduino 1.6.13 IDE did the trick.
Many many Thanks....Arun

BostonGeorge1986

same problem...where do u find that file to delete?????????? how do i go about doing it.... sorry im a newb

johnwasser

Muhammet-mkt

Hello Johnwasser
I have same problem

exec: "C:\\Users\\MUHAMMED\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\avr-gcc\\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++": file does not exist
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I tried to delete Arduino15. But it doesn't

I Uninstall arduino and then install it again for times. but It does't work.

What can I do?

PaulS

I tried to delete Arduino15. But it doesn't
What doesn't? What doesn't it do? The OS on your computer is NOT supposed to do the hokey pokey. If the OS isn't doing the hokey pokey, well, that is good.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up