Go Down

Topic: Roomba-like Cat Ride (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

rekkuuza

I'm wondering what spec motors it would take to build a Roomba-like cat ride?

Would it be worth the risk to buy an as-is/for repair/for parts Roomba, or just build something from scratch?

PaulS

I'm wondering what spec motors it would take to build a Roomba-like cat ride?
Kitty or tiger? Don't you think that weight would be important? Type of motors, gear reduction, voltage, etc. are also important.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

rekkuuza

Sorry. Domestic house cat. Say, 10-15 pounds. Cats riding Roombas is pretty common.

PaulS

Cats riding Roombas is pretty common.
Make sure you add a couple of joysticks, then, so your cat can control the direction and speed. Please post some videos on youtube when you get done.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

ElEscalador

Depends on your electronics skill-set. If you find a roomba "for parts" doing something called the circle dance, you can fix it if you can solder and are goid at taking stuff apart and getting it back together. Hard to beat a pre-made robot chassis.

rekkuuza

Make sure you add a couple of joysticks, then, so your cat can control the direction and speed. Please post some videos on youtube when you get done.
Cats seems to like the automatic obstacle avoidance. Roomba/cat complilation

rekkuuza

Depends on your electronics skill-set. If you find a roomba "for parts" doing something called the circle dance, you can fix it if you can solder and are goid at taking stuff apart and getting it back together. Hard to beat a pre-made robot chassis.
Sounds good. Yeah, I can handle soldering and taking it apart. Not always 100% when it comes to getting it back together. heh

MarkT

Dec 18, 2016, 10:46 pm Last Edit: Dec 18, 2016, 10:47 pm by MarkT
Are you going to add an insanity mode like in Tesla cars?! :)

[ If so make sure the top is designed for good claw traction ]
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

rekkuuza

Are you going to add an insanity mode like in Tesla cars?! :)

[ If so make sure the top is designed for good claw traction ]
Both good ideas!

Go Up