Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.8.0 Released -- update: 1.8.10 (Read 139824 times) previous topic - next topic

UKHeliBob

Yes, there is something definitely wrong with the font in the IDE.  Much harder to read than previous.
You can change it.  Open edit/preferences in the IDE and note the location of preferences.txt (you can click on it to open the folder).  Close the IDE and edit the editor.font entry to suit your requirements
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Striker1s

oqibidipo

ARDUINO 1.8.10 2019.09.13

[ide]
* Live font resize now applies to console and serial monitor too @Pieter12345
* Make it easier to build the IDE from sources on Windows @Pieter12345
* Smaller Preference window, suitable for supersmall screens
* Cache downloaded json and only retrieve them when changed @mattiabertorello
* Suspend serial monitor if the board gets disconnected abruptly
* Libraries can now declare dependencies that will be proposed during lib installation
* SerialPlotter: allow adding labels @chromhelm
* Support tar.xz archives for Board Manager @vowstar
* SerialMonitor: add command history (via arrow keys) @Pieter12345
* Accessibility: add checkbox to enable accessibility in Preferences @joew46167
   This mode enables a plethora of improvements on voiceover and keyboard navigation.
   eg. links become accessible buttons, lists are scrollable via arrow keys without much pain

[wifi-updater]
* Add latest NINA firmware

[hardware]
* Bundle new avr toolchain (fixes lto issue with 5.4.0 and 64bit compatibility with upcoming macOS Catalina)

[arduino-buidler]
* update to 1.4.7 (based on the new arduino-cli)

Shummi

Hi

Just updated from 1.8.3 to 1.8.10. - here's my findings

In 1.8.10 they have added EEPROM to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries"
this conflicts with EEPROMAnything. i don't know in witch release this happend.

I only had that one problem (so far), with a sketch that uses a variety of libs
SPI
Ethernet
SdFat
OneWire
DallasTemperature
Wire
utility/w5100
EEPROM
EEPROMAnything
RTClib

Hope this helps someone

HellasT

Sep 27, 2019, 08:47 pm Last Edit: Sep 27, 2019, 08:47 pm by HellasT
Hello all !

Today when i opened my arduino IDE (version 1.8.9) a message popped telling me that there is an new version available and i clicked to go download it. After i chose to download the windows app. Then i was directed to microsoft store where i got the message that the product is already installed. I thought that i should uninstall the old one before i can proceed to install the 1.8.10 version and so i did.
After uninstalling the 1.8.9 and installing the new one (at least i thought so) to my surprise after starting the IDE it still says Arduino 1.8.9 at the top.

Any ideas what i did wrong ? Thank you.

treflip

Hello all !

Today when i opened my arduino IDE (version 1.8.9) a message popped telling me that there is an new version available and i clicked to go download it. After i chose to download the windows app. Then i was directed to microsoft store where i got the message that the product is already installed. I thought that i should uninstall the old one before i can proceed to install the 1.8.10 version and so i did.
After uninstalling the 1.8.9 and installing the new one (at least i thought so) to my surprise after starting the IDE it still says Arduino 1.8.9 at the top.

same problem. Came here to see what the solution was.

I started arduino was prompted for the update but was not able to get it using windows store app. Debating just using the non-store app program if there isn't a solution.

pert

Hello all !

I think they haven't gotten around to publishing Arduino IDE 1.8.9 to the Windows App Store yet. 1.8.10 is available for Windows via the "Windows Installer, for Windows XP and up" and "Windows ZIP file for non admin install" links on the Downloads page:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

HellasT

Thank you. I'll install it that way. It is just as good right ?

GottfriedSp

Windows XP does not work!
Many errors when compiling
panic: Failed to find GetFileInformationByHandleEx procedure in kernel32.dll: The specified procedure could not be found.

ballscrewbob

Sep 30, 2019, 04:25 am Last Edit: Sep 30, 2019, 04:26 am by ballscrewbob
@HellasT

Some people have issues with the APP versions under windows.
My preference is always for the full program be that as a portable or full install.

@GottfriedSp

A couple of people have reported issues with the latest IDE under XP (redundant OS)
Best bet is to roll back to 1.8.9 or earlier.

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

HellasT

Thank you. I personally had no problems with the app version but i will switch to fully installed program.

Gennadii_2

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6), Board:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

fork/exec /Users/gena/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++: no such file or directory
Compilation error for the board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Version 1.8.9 is operational

pert

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6), Board:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

fork/exec /Users/gena/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++: no such file or directory
Compilation error for the board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Version 1.8.9 is operational
This error indicates you need to take some drastic action. Be aware this is somewhat advanced and will remove any boards you have installed via Boards Manager:
  • In the Arduino IDE, click the link on the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 (or similar name depending on OS) folder.
  • Delete all files and folders under the Arduino15 folder except for preferences.txt. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt, back up!
  • Restart the Arduino IDE

Verify that you can now use your board before reinstalling any packages via Boards Manager.

amroru

how to create a shortcut on the desktop

UKHeliBob

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Go Up