Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.8.0 Released -- update: 1.8.10 (Read 142736 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Virus Total comes up clean too.
I suspect modry_salamander has other issues and his AV might be compromised if he got it from here.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Scott_Callahan

Forgive me, I've been out of the robot game for a few years. I just opened up Arduino IDE (1.6.5) on my Mac and was prompted that it was out of date. I installed the current version (1.8.9) and get the below errors when I upload a sketch.
Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Sketch uses 10280 bytes (35%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 336 bytes (13%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2224 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
Found programmer: Id = ""; type =
    Software Version = .; Hardware Version = �.�
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: leave prog mode
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader

Invalid library found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples: no headers files (.h) found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples
Invalid library found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples: no headers files (.h) found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I have no idea what butterfly_recv(): is.
I don't know what a AVR 109 device is.
I checked the preferences for the sketchbook location and it's the same for both versions.

Arduino 1.6.5 still uploads perfectly, just the text is pixilated. 

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Scott_Callahan

ok, I fixed the butterfly_recv(): errors by pressing the reset button while uploading the sketch. Now the only problem I have is
Code: [Select]

Which, once again doesn't show up in the previous version.

Scott_Callahan

TimEllis

I just installed a fresh verison 1.8.9 of the IDE.  I have some code that includes two .h files.  I add the files using the sketch->add file.  The .h files show up in the bar at the top and the code compiles fine.  I made sure to save all of the files.  When I close the IDE and reopen it the .h files do not show up.  How can I be sure the .h files will reappear each time I open the IDE?

Thanks,
-tim

ballscrewbob

Hi Tim.

Did you check the contents of the tabs were not simply added to the sketch itself ?

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

TimEllis

Yes I checked that.  Without the files added to the sketch I get compile errors missing variable and defines etc unless I add the files.

pert

I just installed a fresh verison 1.8.9 of the IDE.  I have some code that includes two .h files.  I add the files using the sketch->add file.  The .h files show up in the bar at the top and the code compiles fine.  I made sure to save all of the files.  When I close the IDE and reopen it the .h files do not show up.  How can I be sure the .h files will reappear each time I open the IDE?
I just gave it a try, but was unable to reproduce the issue. After you add the .h file, select Sketch > Show Sketch Folder. Do you see the .h file in that folder?

TimEllis

I just gave it a try, but was unable to reproduce the issue. After you add the .h file, select Sketch > Show Sketch Folder. Do you see the .h file in that folder?
I do see the files in the Sketch > Show Sketch Folder.

TimEllis

Library tab issue.

I just found out the I can compile my code with the include file tab not being shown.  I've attached a screen shot of my IDE.  Note the include file shared variables.h.  The code compiles fine even thought the tab is not shown.  If I add the file the library tab shows until I close the IDE.

I'm running windows 10 pro.

ShannonLowe

May 01, 2019, 07:25 pm Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:23 pm by ShannonLowe
Hey, I have a problem in uploading code to my arduino uno r3. My windows 7 in online search send a message that 'Windows is unable to find driver software for your unknown device. Use WCHDownload Here
Use words to express feelings :)

Erik_Baas

driver software
If your USB chip (the one closest to the USB connector) is marked "CH340" you can download the driver from the manufacturer's website: www.wch.cn.
HTH.

mbyington

May 02, 2019, 02:43 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 02:44 pm by mbyington
I've got a problem with Arduino 1.8.9 and my MKR Vidor 4000. I will upload a sketch (after double-tapping button on Vidor to put into bootloader mode), the sketch uploads successfully and Vidor reboots, but then the IDE will hang for a few seconds and state that it could not find the board on port X (whatever the port may be when not in bootloader mode).

This is not necessarily a problem, but then I'll open the Port menu and find that the IDE has added an additional entry for the Vidor 4000 port when there already was one. So I will have 2 or 3 instances of "COM4 (Arduino MKR Vidor 4000)" listed under Port. I have seen up to 4 instances.

All of them seem to work, but it is somewhat of an annoyance and completely redundant.

pert

I've got a problem with Arduino 1.8.9 and my MKR Vidor 4000. I will upload a sketch (after double-tapping button on Vidor to put into bootloader mode), the sketch uploads successfully and Vidor reboots, but then the IDE will hang for a few seconds and state that it could not find the board on port X (whatever the port may be when not in bootloader mode).

This is not necessarily a problem, but then I'll open the Port menu and find that the IDE has added an additional entry for the Vidor 4000 port when there already was one. So I will have 2 or 3 instances of "COM4 (Arduino MKR Vidor 4000)" listed under Port. I have seen up to 4 instances.

All of them seem to work, but it is somewhat of an annoyance and completely redundant.
I've encounter the same problem with my MKR boards many times. For me, it seems to be related to having the Serial Monitor open when I try to upload to my board (which works fine on any other board). The workaround I've found is to exit all the IDE windows, unplug my board, then start the IDE again. It is quite inconvenient to get halted like that during development work, but at least it's a fairly quick fix. I don't know what the underlying cause of this could be.

pert

Here we have a dedicated thread for the duplicate ports issue:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=613070
let's centralize discussion of the issue to that thread. You might want to open the link above and click the "Receive Emails" button in order to get notifications of any progress we make on investigating and fixing this issue.

Go Up