Go Down

Topic: Warnings and invalid library errors (Read 392 times) previous topic - next topic

MacGyver1rjq104

This has happened on 3 of my computers using different versions of the arduino software.  I am a teacher and I need to learn this software in order to teach, so I took on a small home project to learn.  I tried installing libraries and boards and no problems at first.  Then I tried another project needing some new libraries and they won't install.  They say they are installing but then when I go back to them they don't say installed and they will allow me to try again but without success.  When I verify the program, I get these Warning: about the EEPROM, WIRE, etc.... and then I get invalid directory errors.  Sometimes it completed the compiling but had all the errors because I believe the #eeprom did not work and the program is incomplete. 

My fix..... On my personal computer, I reinstalled windows clean and then reinstalled the arduino software and it works perfect, however, I can't do this with my school computer.  I tried to uninstall the arduino software but it leaves behind all the stuff that causes the errors.

Does anyone know how I can fix this on my school computer?  Is there a way to get a 100% uninstall so I don't get my errors back?

Thank you much.  I need this perfect so I can teach it in PLTW DE.

AWOL

Sometimes it completed the compiling but had all the errors because I believe the #eeprom did not work
To the best of my knowledge, #eeprom is not a valid preprocessor directive, so no, it wouldn't work.

Can you provide some concrete examples, please?

SurfingDude

Similar things have happened to me, I diagnosed the problem as mixing older library versions with a newer Arduino IDE. What fixed it for me was to uninstall all the Arduino stuff and also delete everything under Appdata\Local\Arduino15 Nowadays I install Arduino via the .zip file rather than using the Windows Installer version.

I was happy with the stability of Arduino version 1.6.12 but I am excited about the changes in new version 1.8, though I would suggest you wait to install it until any latent bugs in 1.8.0 get fixed.

pert

I would suggest you wait to install it until any latent bugs in 1.8.0 get fixed.
The only new bugs I'm aware of in 1.8.0 is the font anti-aliasing is turned off on Windows so the text looks a little ugly and it was reported that one of the Linux versions from arduino.org is broken(but from arduino.cc it works). There will never be any changes made to 1.8.0, once the release is made it is set in stone. It might make sense to wait on installing a new version until the verdict is in on whether it's a good release or a disaster to be avoided. It seems good overall to me but for some people with vision issues the font thing could be a deal breaker. You can wait for 1.8.1 but there's no way to know if it will be better or worse or how long it will be before the release.

Go Up