Go Down

Topic: 4x4x4 RGB Cube rainbowduino. Everything works need help with the code (Read 2316 times) previous topic - next topic

cyriss

thanks J-M-L it took the code with that correction. but doesn't do anything.

J-M-L

Exactly it does not do anything because you don't do anything with x,y and z any way - see my answer 14....
Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

cyriss

you answered my question lol. i see what was happening now because i ripped this code from a paint layer example so you have saved me space and you also explained that the for statement is for an entire layer thank you! this just made things a lot easier

J-M-L

Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

cyriss

Now to really rattle your brain.. lol the "for" statement what does it mean? like why does x =0  what does x <4 do? And what does x++ mean by the way thank you again. For the help above. As well

J-M-L

+1 with Dan - don't copy code you don't understand. Always take the oppportunity to search what you add to your code means...

TomGeorge

Hi,
Yes I'm calling 16 different leds on the layer 

Rb.setPixelZXY(0,3,0,0x00FF00); is an individual led call 0, is the led level. 3, is the x cord. And 0, is the you cord. 
No you aren't.
You say it yourself.
LED = 0,LEVEL = 3 and the X Co-Ord = 0

you have not used x or y in the function call.
0x00FF00 is a hex number for the colour. the x means its in HEX.

So you are calling the same LED 16 times.

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

J-M-L

Hi,No you aren't.
You say it yourself.
LED = 0,LEVEL = 3 and the X Co-Ord = 0

you have not used x or y in the function call.
0x00FF00 is a hex number for the colour. the x means its in HEX.

So you are calling the same LED 16 times.

Tom... :)
I think we are past that discussion point now :) - he finally got that

Go Up