Go Down

Topic: NodeMCU (ESP8266) + ILI9341 TFT + SPIFFS = easy image storage and display (Read 8452 times) previous topic - next topic

Dancopy

OK friend! I just ordered from ebay my 3.5 inch 480 * 320 SPI Serial TFT LCD; should take a while - Brazil is very slow.
Let's bother (in a good way) the Bodmer to adapt his library to a larger screen, like the one you mentioned: RA8835. Incidentally, the guy is a 'skull!'

Hugs from Brazil,

Daniel

david_prentice

The RA8835 RA8875 is very different to the regular un-intelligent controllers.
And it has a whole set of "features"

Seriously,   I would stick with the ILI9488.   It is a useful size and performance.

It woud be nicer to have an SPI HX8357-D.    Hey-ho.   The ILI9488 is available and cheap.

David.

Edit.  Corrected the Raio part number.

Handr

:)  Hi Bodmer !!

Sorry to communicate here, but the emese topic has already been closed ...

Can you help me adapt your code for me to use with MPU6050.

The code is (Demo_artificial_horizon_9.ino).

I will be very grateful if you can help me.

Good luck to you.

tasmod

I've tried to follow this and have applied all the steps FS etc. Loaded images to SPIFFS.

However the program will not compile and throws out a slew of errors regarding the library. One is unsigned int to constant void another is pgm_read_byte and inline

Have i missed something ?

david_prentice

Which library are you using?
Which library example sketch are you building.

If you enable "verbose compile" it would have shown your sketch name.
It looks like the Core is esp8266\2.5.0 which is up to date.

Most development goes on the TFT_eSPI library.
You appear to be using "TFT_ILI9341_ESP.h"

I am sure that all the examples that came with TFT_ILI9341_ESP.h will build and run fine.

But there may be minor issues with building a TFT_eSPI example with TFT_ILI9341_ESP library.
The Expressif Compiler has undergone some changes.

It is always wise to quote library versions and Core version.

David.

tasmod

Yes I'm using the TFT_ILI9341_ESP library. 

This is as specified in the ESP8266_draw_565_image2.ino at post #1  with the link to the library in the head notes.

This is the first time I have seen mentioned TFT_eSPI

Can't believe I left verbose off, but in my defence there was a lot of messages anyway.

tasmod

Hmm. Ok I was obviously blind to the other thread.

I've changed the library call and it compiled and loaded using the TFT_eSPI library.

However the screen just rotates with colour fill. The serial monitor reports the execution of the images in succession but they aren't onscreen.

shur1k

However the screen just rotates with colour fill. The serial monitor reports the execution of the images in succession but they aren't onscreen.

It means, that your image isn't loaded to the controllers memory. I had the same issue and I've added this line before the setAddress function:
Code: [Select]
digitalWrite(TFT_CS, LOW); // Bring Chip select pin to low

And images started to load successfully after this change.

Dancopy

The RA8835 is very different to the regular un-intelligent controllers.
And it has a whole set of "features"

Seriously,   I would stick with the ILI9488.   It is a useful size and performance.

It woud be nicer to have an SPI HX8357-D.    Hey-ho.   The ILI9488 is available and cheap.

David.
Hi David,
I meant the RA8875, 5-inch for example.

david_prentice

I meant RA8875.   I have corrected the earlier messages.

bodmer

I have no plans to add support for the RA8875 in the near future. Maybe one day I will get a display and try it, not sure if there are any pow cost ones out there in the market.

tasmod

bodmer

I have added a new example "ESP8266_draw_565_image3" to the first post on this thread, the new example has been modified to work with the new TFT_eSPI library.  The example is for the nodeMCU (ESP8266) only.

Dancopy

Greetings to the Bodmer, David and everyone!
Has anyone here seen this? I think it has to do with SPIFFS but, I do not get it right.
It seems very interesting.

https://hackaday.io/project/163140-create-colored-bmp-fonts-for-arduino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onr3BZyer8s&feature=youtu.be

Go Up