Go Down

Topic: Poll on Favorite Arduino Board (Read 2686 times) previous topic - next topic

Vulcan666

Jan 19, 2017, 07:44 am Last Edit: Jan 22, 2017, 06:14 am by Vulcan666
Reply with your favorite Arduino Board.  Mine's the Arduino Mega 2560, closely followed by the Due and Leonardo.  I just love how many pins that Mega board has.  Let's see what the best board around is, by popular vote.  (I'm no Democrat!)  I'll keep the results posted, and updated several times a day, along with the new boards people vote for:

It's a tie between the Uno, Yun, Due, and Mega2560.  Your input could put one in the lead, (do the Mega, its better)!

Mega 2560-- 2

Yun--2

Due--2

Uno-- 2

Micro-- 1

ATiny1634-- 1

Pro Mini-- 1

Bobuino/Atmega1284P-- 1

Teensy-- 1

Coding Badly

Any particular reason you created two threads regarding this subject?

Vulcan666

well on the first one I clicked post, and then I realized I didn't have the poll selected for the message icon and it was just standard, so I clicked back as fast as I could and wasn't sure if it had already posted.  However, you can't edit your post message icon so I just edited it and hoped I hadn't already posted it once.  If you want you can delete the first one without the poll icon.

ChrisTenone

Either way, I don't see a poll on either one. (Safari on OSX 10.10.5) Should I just say what I prefer? If so then it's the bare chip ATTiny 85 in the PDIP package. It's pretty universal, easy to program, and really a lot of microprocessor considering its size!

If it's got to be an Arduino board, then the Micro. I have taken advantage of the extra 500K of RAM a couple times, plus it's really small considering all the stuff it can do.
What, I need to say something else too?

Coding Badly

Jan 19, 2017, 09:19 am Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 09:20 am by Coding Badly
If you want you can delete the first one without the poll icon.
What I want is for you to use Report to Moderator when you leave a mess.

And for you to return the few minutes of my life I have now wasted because you did not use Report to Moderator.

Coding Badly

Only moderators can remove original posts / threads.

Other than that, anyone can remove their own posts.

TomGeorge

Jan 19, 2017, 01:33 pm Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 01:38 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,
I love my UNO's, and all its clones, but specially the DIP package, its nice and BIG and I can see it, and I can solder and plug it into 0.1inch vero when making stand alone projects.
The variety of UNO clone boards, with extra pins for servo to be plugged and extra parallel SDA and SCA pins on some clones makes life so much easier at times.
As you may gather, I find no reason why everything has to fit on a PCB the size of a postage stamp.

Tom... :) 
The clones were bought on ebay, at auction, for less than $5 limit I put on the bidding.
I have 6 UNO, 2 DUE, 2 MEGA and 5 ATtiny85 USB Chip(have not played with them yet).
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Robin2

As you may gather, I find no reason why everything has to fit on a PCB the size of a postage stamp.
For the times when it does I have recently discovered the Attiny 1634 (SOIC version) which is nearly as powerful as an Atmega 328 and is still big enough for a traditional soldering iron. (OK - a large postage stamp :) )

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Boardburner2

Only reason i have ever had to use a mega was for extra pins.
except for the mega adk where i wanted a USB host.

Qdeathstar

Jan 19, 2017, 10:47 pm Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 10:50 pm by Qdeathstar
I like the arduino pro min, then the mega, then the due.

I use esp8266 a lot when I don't need a lot of gpio even if I don't need networking, I really like no having to have it connected to my computer to edit the program, plus ota flashing is faster

All but one of my projects has an esp8266 in it.. one has an esp and a due, and not had a mini
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

msssltd

I prefer the Yun.  There are lots of reasons I don't like it but being network connected at the application layer, trumps everything else.

westfw

I liked the duemilanove.  Uno added some features that have really justfield their cost.

Robin2

I prefer the Yun.  There are lots of reasons I don't like it but being network connected at the application layer, trumps everything else.
I have one. I thought it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. But I was disillusioned very quickly. IMHO the Arduino folk made a complete mess of it by making the Linux side subservient to the Leonardo side. Jeez, it doesn't even have a spare HardwareSerial port.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Vulcan666

I liked the duemilanove.  Uno added some features that have really justfield their cost.

Where do you buy your boards?  I can get a good Uno for around $6 dollars.  A due board costs more like 20-25.  If the Due wasn't  so darn expensive I would get it instead of the Mega 2560 ($15), because the Due can mess around with a computer, moving mice, reading keystrokes...

Go Up