Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.8.1 freeze for 20 s (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Mo3bius

Hi,

my IDE is freezing when i try to save or upload a sketch. It is not responding to any input. After that, everything is working fine. I haven't added any additional libraries or modified the IDE. I reinstalled it twice, the folder in Programs and Documents were empty. I am using Win10.

Any idea why this happens?

spycatcher2k

Do you have any bluetooth devices active? Does this only happen the first time you compile?
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

Mo3bius

- It's a desktop computer without Bluetooth.
- As far as I can tell, it only happens when saving the sketch. So if I disable "save when varifying or uploading", the upload is working instant.

If I restart my computer, open Arduino IDE, change something and save it, it does not show this delay. This only works 1 or 2 times.

spycatcher2k

What about your anti-virus software, have you tried to temporarily disable it?
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

ballscrewbob

Slow compiles under Windows

Add the Arduino directories to your antivirus / anti malware / other security exclusions.

So that would be at least two of the following.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Arduino15      depends on IDE
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15   depends on IDE

If you have your sketches set up in a different location it's also worth adding that directory to the exclusions also.

Additionally if you also use the online IDE "CREATE" the following directories.

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\ArduinoCreateAgent
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\.arduino-create

If you have installed to a different drive swap the drive letter as needed.
If you also have an unzipped IDE installed that path should also be added to exclusions
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

epcior

Hi,
My IDE was also slow and freezing at startup, compile, open, close and upload.
My solution was to simply uninstall Arduino IDE and manually delete one of the folders suggested by Ballscrewbob that was full of garbage (>1.5GB  :o ):
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Arduino15      depends on IDE
Of course, after this, reinstall Arduino IDE!

Hope it helps.

FluxP

Hi @epcior,
This was the ONLY solution that really helped.
Great.
Thanks!
My IDE  is now as quick as before.

welen

Hi,
My IDE was also slow and freezing at startup, compile, open, close and upload.
My solution was to simply uninstall Arduino IDE and manually delete one of the folders suggested by Ballscrewbob that was full of garbage (>1.5GB  :o ):
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Arduino15      depends on IDE
Of course, after this, reinstall Arduino IDE!

Hope it helps.

this is finally worked for me !thank you!

Go Up