Go Down

Topic: Brushless hub motor controller connection with arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

yerzhik

I have brushless hub motor and I plan to get the controller for it: here is the link.

It is designed to be bidirectional. But what I can't understand and find any literature explaining it: how do I control the controller using arduino? Could someone help?

Also,

From the image you can see the reverse cable seems to be of 2A, which is too big for arduino.

MarkT

Its not 2 amp, those are the connector part numbers I think, the 2 is the number of wires.

Black is allegedly ground, the white wire is perhaps 5V logic, but a multimeter will confirm such things,
as well as the current through the switch...
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

yerzhik

Its not 2 amp, those are the connector part numbers I think, the 2 is the number of wires.

Black is allegedly ground, the white wire is perhaps 5V logic, but a multimeter will confirm such things,
as well as the current through the switch...
Thank you for reply.
So I just randomly send something like HIGH-LOW signals through 5V wires? Or should it be analogue sine wave or whatever?

MorganS

Why would you need to reverse on a sine wave? It is just on and off: high and low.

The 'accelerator' will need an analog voltage though: I suggest a digital potentiometer will work best.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

yerzhik

Why would you need to reverse on a sine wave? It is just on and off: high and low.

The 'accelerator' will need an analog voltage though: I suggest a digital potentiometer will work best.
No i mean, speed control etc brake, and so on, what kind of signal it expects I just wonder.

MarkT

The throttle pot it is expecting is likely 5k or 10k linear, and it probably checks for continuity in the
track, so you cannot just force a control voltage on to the wiper signal, unless you have a dummy
resistor playing the role of the track.   Such circuits are designed to shutdown the motor if the throttle
connection fails open or closed circuit as a safety measure.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up