Go Down

Topic: Xserve Raid LED light Status Help (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

DeepFriedSouth

Mar 02, 2017, 04:45 am Last Edit: Mar 02, 2017, 04:53 am by DeepFriedSouth
Ok this is my first post here and my first Arduino project. I'm rebuilding an Apple Xserve Raid and turning it into a JBOD expander.  I've got the rest of the system sorted, but I planning to use the Arduino to drive the status lights via software on the server back to the Xserve raid. I've managed to figure out how to drive all of the lights using the existing I2C controllers for the front panel all but 1 light.  There is a light that statuses the Raid controller and its not on the I2C bus. Its a Red / Green Led I've identified the pin that leads to the Anode side and the fact that the cathode loops back through either 2 mosfets or bjt (probably BJT) there aren't any markings so I'm having a hard time figuring those out but they run to ground.  It's drawing from the 5v pin that runs through 2 resistors.  I for the life of me can't figure out how to drive at least the green side of the light.  I'm open to any suggestions on how to drive this little guy. So far I'm driving a 10 pin ribbon connector for the I2C with the ground, 5v, SDA and SLT from the Arduino. Any ideas on what I should try next? Below are some images of the chip. If anyone is interested in how I connected or programmed the rest of the lights I can upload links to Youtube later with some examples. The mystery BJT sit to the lower left of the ribbon connectors if that helps sitting side by side.

Go Up