Go Down

Topic: Digitizing the fm radio streaming audio (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Togy

I want to digitize the audio from a fm radio receiver, and send the digital data to my pc

PieterP

Mar 15, 2017, 07:47 pm Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 09:02 pm by PieterP
Just use an ADC, what does this have to do with Arduino?

jurs

I want to digitize the audio from a fm radio receiver, and send the digital data to my pc
What about connecting the "audio out" of your fm radio to the "line in" connector of your PCs soundcard and use of PC software for audio recording?

Togy

Just use a DAC, what does this have to do with Arduino?
just send the data to a pc in same network and play it on the pc.

What about connecting the "audio out" of your fm radio to the "line in" connector of your PCs soundcard and use of PC software for audio recording?
I want to do it with arduino. Not with pc

DVDdoug

Mar 15, 2017, 09:54 pm Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 09:58 pm by DVDdoug
What kind of connection to the PC are you planning on using?  I think you're going to run into a couple of limitations...

The Arduino's ADC can sample at "reasonable" audio quality, but it's only 10-bits and it can't sample accurately at the "CD sample rate" of 44.1kHz.

Secondly, the Arduino isn't very fast and it doesn't have much memory for an audio buffer so I think you're going to have difficulty doing the analog-to-digital conversion and transmitting to the computer at the same time.

P.S.
Of course, you'll need an application on the PC to capture the streaming digital audio.

Go Up