Go Down

Topic: Arduino not recognized? (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

slant6matt

Hi all,
/Totally new at this. I have an Arduino 2560 Mega hat I just got in the mail today and I am using a Lenovo notebook with windows 10.  When I first plugged in the Arduino I very briefly saw a message on the tool bar appear stating that the device is not recognized.  It went away before I could click on it and now I cant find it so I decided to to carry on.  In the Arduino IDE if I go to tools and look under ports all I see is COM 1 listed and it is there regardless of whether or not the Arduino is connected or not.  The board does have power.  The red led "on" is solidly lit on the board and the red led "L" beside it is flashing at a rapid rate.  For the heck of it trying to follow tutorials I attempted to upload the sketch for the blinking light but it resulted in the error code listed at the bottom of this post.  I've attached screenshot showing my list of ports in the IDE.  Looking at the code.  I'm assuming since there is a timeout that the Arduino is not communicating with the computer.  Can anyone help me out with what I'm doing wrong here?

p.s. If you can, dumb it down a little, I'm like half a step ahead of a beginner.

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 1462 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

slant6matt

I forgot to mention, I've read the troubleshooting tutorials and I have gone as far as opening the device manager and checking the ports (again, COM 1 is all that appears) and I have tried uploading the drivers.  Windows tells me my i am using the correct driver for COM1.

slant6matt

Never mind, i figured it out.  I didn't have my usb cable connected firmly enough into the Arduino.  Should've checked that first thing DUH!  I got the blink sketch uploaded.

Go Up