Go Down

Topic: I once used Arduino Uno as a HID, and I can't turn it back to normal Arduino. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

pineappleman

I once turned my Arduino into a USB device(HID?) to use Arduino Uno as a keyboard.
http://blog.naver.com/msyang59/220064215723
I followed the instructions on the page above(The contents on the page are written in Korean since I am Korean...). I installed dfu-programmer software and uploaded the keyboard firmware on Atmega16U2.

And now I want to turn it back to normal. The page above says I should just erase the dfu-programmer software from the folder where it is. But since I am not using the computer which I used to upload the software and keyboard firmware, I can't erase the software properly.

I think now I erased the keyboard firmware and dfu-programmer software from the device manager. But now, I think the computer doesn't recognize Arduino. I reinstalled the IDE and Arduino driver, but I can't find anything different in the device manager.

What should I do?

pert

I don't have experience with doing this but you should be able to find the original firmware that was on the ATmega16U2 in the Arduino IDE installation folder at hardware/arduino/avr/firmwares/atmegaxxu2. Once you flash the ATmega16U2 with that firmware it should start working again as usual.

pineappleman

Once you flash the ATmega16U2 with that firmware it should start working again as usual.
Um... How can I flash ATmega16U2 with the firmware? I am not familiar with these kind of things... can you tell me how should I flash it?

pert

Probably the same way you uploaded the keyboard firmware, just with the filename found at the folder I posted above, I believe the correct file is  Arduino-COMBINED-dfu-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex

pineappleman

Um... the thing is, that I can't use the computer I used to upload the keyboard firmware currently, so I can't find the proper folder path.
Should I re-upload the dfu-programmer software and then erase it?

pert

You don't upload the dfu-programmer software. You use the dfu-programmer software to upload the firmware file to the ATmega16U2.

• Download the dfu-programmer software from http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/
  • Install dfu-programmer software following the instructions in the link you posted.
  • Follow the instructions at the "Revert USB Firmware" (USB 펌웨어 되돌리기) section of the link you posted. You may need to adjust the path to the file Arduino-COMBINED-dfu-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex because that command assumes your Arduino IDE is installed at C:\arduino-1.0.5-r2\ and also newer IDE versions have a slightly different folder structure (avr folder)/

pineappleman

Go Up