Go Down

Topic: CH340 programmer not auto-resetting (Read 3182 times) previous topic - next topic

siddmon

Apr 03, 2017, 08:02 am Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017, 08:10 am by siddmon
I got this ust to ttl programmer which doesn't auto reset the arduino uno. Do I need to add something extra?

Got this one from ebay:
Code: [Select]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282348484946?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

In other posts I found the following:

(you need DTR pin connected to one side of a 0.1uf cap, other side to reset, and a 10k pullup on reset). If this isn't wired up, opening serial connection won't reset the '328, and hence the bootloader won't run, and you can't program it.

I kind of understand what I need to add but don't have idea how to wire it, could someone please provide me with an image, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Whandall

I got this ust to ttl programmer which doesn't auto reset the arduino uno.
It should autoreset the UNO, DTR is available, I don't know what the button on the adapter is for.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. (D.Adams)

krupski

Apr 04, 2017, 04:07 pm Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 04:11 pm by Krupski
I got this ust to ttl programmer which doesn't auto reset the arduino uno. Do I need to add something extra?

Got this one from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282348484946?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

In other posts I found the following:

(you need DTR pin connected to one side of a 0.1uf cap, other side to reset, and a 10k pullup on reset). If this isn't wired up, opening serial connection won't reset the '328, and hence the bootloader won't run, and you can't program it.

I kind of understand what I need to add but don't have idea how to wire it, could someone please provide me with an image, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
(click img for full size)

Obviously, the rest of the leads need to be connected as well, I simply diagrammed the DTR to RESET circuit.

(oops typo 104 is 0.1, not 0.01)
Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

krupski

It should autoreset the UNO, DTR is available, I don't know what the button on the adapter is for.
My GUESS is that the button pulls DTR low in order to do a manual reset......?
Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Go Up