Go Down

Topic: Problems with Arduino/Genuino Zero Firmware version 1.6.13[solved] (Read 4592 times) previous topic - next topic

TheBeast08

Hi folks,

this is more of a bug report, but if I did anything wrong, feel free to point it out.(PLEASE)

I revisited the my Arduino IDE and stumbled across an error with the firmware(?) of the Arduino Zero, version 1.6.13.
I used Arduino IDE v.1.6.10 (Linux) and a freshly installed IDE v. 1.8.2 (Windows), and on both this error message pops up when trying to upload a sektch or burn the bootloader:

Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Zero (Programming Port)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\TheBeast\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_216363\core\core_arduino_samd_arduino_zero_edbg_aba0f4eb37537bd009134604688a8b76.a
Sketch uses 11000 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino5-static.path}/bin/openocd.exe": CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden(translates to "The system could not find the specified file")
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2135)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden(="The system could not find the specified file")
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

When using older versions(tried 1.6.9 & 1.6.10), everything works just fine.

Thanks in advance, I guess
TheBeast

FlorisVO

Had the same issues. Reinstalling the 'boards' using Tools > Board:... > Boards manager sloved it for me. Make sure that you don't close the IDE before the installation finished!!!

pert

Apr 03, 2017, 11:33 pm Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 06:12 am by pert Reason: Add instructions for fixing second occurrence of the problem I had missed
This was caused by a bug in the Arduino SAMD Boards 1.6.13 release. I have submitted a pull request to get this fixed. You can see the necessary change here:
https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-samd/pull/224/files
So you have two options:

Option 1 (fix the bug):
  • Open C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.13\platform.txt in a text editor
  • Change line 151 from:

tools.openocd.path={runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino5-static.path}
to:
tools.openocd.path={runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path}
  • Change line 180 from:

tools.openocd-withbootsize.path={runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino5-static.path}
to:
tools.openocd-withbootsize.path={runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path}
  • Save the file.
  • Restart the Arduino IDE if it's running.

Option 2 (revert to Arduino SAMD Boards 1.6.12)
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for downloads to complete
  • Click on the "Arduino SAMD Boards" entry.
  • Select 1.6.12 from the "Select version" dropdown
  • Click "Install"
  • Wait for installation to complete
  • Click "Close"

When using older versions(tried 1.6.9 & 1.6.10), everything works just fine.
I get the same problem with 1.6.9. I'm not sure how it could work unless you are using an older version of Arduino SAMD Boards.

Had the same issues. Reinstalling the 'boards' using Tools > Board:... > Boards manager sloved it for me. Make sure that you don't close the IDE before the installation finished!!!
That's strange. Are you sure you didn't revert to Arduino SAMD Boards 1.6.12 when you did that?

TheBeast08

Thanks for your help; I noticed a new version for the SAMD boards is available, which fixes the bug.
I suppose it got fixed after your request.

I get the same problem with 1.6.9. I'm not sure how it could work unless you are using an older version of Arduino SAMD Boards.
I actually meant the SAMD board version, so you are absolutely right.

Thank you again and have a nice day :D

pert

Yes, the Arduino developers responded very quickly to the fix I submitted and made a new release, Arduino SAMD Boards 1.6.14.

I actually meant the SAMD board version, so you are absolutely right.
Oh, it makes sense now that I read it again. I got confused between Arduino IDE versions and Arduino SAMD Boards versions.

Go Up