Go Down

Topic: Neo-6M GPS shield - update faster than 1Hz (Read 8300 times) previous topic - next topic

amitchell

Thank you. When I compile ubloxRate.ino I get this error:

./opt/arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/098822899/build -hardware opt/arduino-builder/hardware -hardware ./opt/cores -tools opt/arduino-builder/tools -tools ./opt/tools -built-in-libraries opt/libraries/latest -libraries /tmp/098822899/pinned -libraries /tmp/098822899/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -logger humantags -verbose=false /tmp/098822899/MaxVel

Multiple libraries were found for "NMEAGPS.h"

Used: /tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS

Not used: /home/ubuntu/opt/libraries/latest/neogps_4_2_7

Multiple libraries were found for "AltSoftSerial.h"

Used: /home/ubuntu/opt/libraries/latest/altsoftserial_1_4_0

Not used: /home/ubuntu/opt/libraries/latest/cmmc_nb_iot_0_0_2

Not used: /home/ubuntu/opt/libraries/latest/barebonesim800_1_2_0

Not used: /home/ubuntu/opt/libraries/latest/ais_nb_bc95_1_0_5

In file included from /tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS/src/NMEAGPS.h:336:0,

from /tmp/098822899/MaxVel/MaxVel.ino:1:

/tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS/src/NMEAGPSprivate.h:80:41: error: 'NMEAGPS_KEEP_NEWEST_FIXES' was not declared in this scope

static const bool keepNewestFixes = NMEAGPS_KEEP_NEWEST_FIXES;

^

/tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS/src/NMEAGPSprivate.h: In static member function 'static const bool NMEAGPS::validateChars()':

/tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS/src/NMEAGPSprivate.h:82:49: error: 'NMEAGPS_VALIDATE_CHARS' was not declared in this scope

static const bool validateChars () { return NMEAGPS_VALIDATE_CHARS; }

^

/tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS/src/NMEAGPSprivate.h: In static member function 'static const bool NMEAGPS::validateFields()':

/tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS/src/NMEAGPSprivate.h:83:49: error: 'NMEAGPS_VALIDATE_FIELDS' was not declared in this scope

static const bool validateFields() { return NMEAGPS_VALIDATE_FIELDS; }

^

exit status 1

-dev

When I compile ubloxRate.ino I get this error:
That's a mess.

There are many things you have not told us.

*  Are you using the Arduino IDE or some other builder environment?
*  What Arduino are you using?
*  How is everything connected?
*  Put your error messages in a code block, so they look like this:

Code: [Select]
/opt/arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/098822899/build -hardware opt/arduino-builder/hardware -hardware ./opt/cores -tools opt/arduino-builder/tools -tools ./opt/tools -built-in-libraries opt/libraries/latest -libraries /tmp/098822899/pinned -libraries /tmp/098822899/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -logger humantags -verbose=false /tmp/098822899/MaxVel

Multiple libraries were found for "NMEAGPS.h"

Used: /tmp/098822899/custom/NeoGPS

You should modify your post to insert the [code]...[/code] tags around those error messages.

These things are described in How To Use the Forum.

Regarding the error messages:

You have multiple copies of NeoGPS and AltSoftSerial.  There should be one copy in the Arduino/Libraries directory.

You have multiple sketches: MaxVel.ino and ubloxrate.ino.  There should be one file in the ubloxRate sketch directory: ubloxRate.ino.

I did not say to build ubloxRate.ino.  I said "that's what ubloxrate.ino does."  You should do the same thing in your own sketch.  That means copy some of the code into your sketch.

If you don't know how to download libraries and build example programs, I don't think you're ready to set the update rate of a GPS device to 10Hz.

I suggest that you start over.  Delete all the libraries and reinstall one copy of AltSoftSerial and NeoGPS with the Arduino Library Manager, under the IDE menu Sketch -> Include Library -> Manage Libraries.

You can keep your current sketches, but I would make new directories for any new work.  Start with the NeoGPS examples -- they don't require you to make a sketch directory.  Each installed library comes with example sketch directories for you (e.g., Arduino/Libraries/NeoGPS/examples/NMEA).

Be sure to modify GPSport.h if you are not using AltSoftSerial on Uno, Nano, etc. or Serial1 on a Mega, Leo, Due, etc.  Since I don't know which Arduino you are using, I can't give you a definite answer.
Really, I used to be /dev.  :(

amitchell

Thank you very much. I apologize for the format I used. I', pretty new in arduino and also in the forum.
I have an arduino UNO and I use the web tool to compile and download.
I will start cleaning the libraries and starting over.
Thanks again.

Go Up