Help choosing a microcontroller

Hello,

Who could help me to choose a micro for my project?
I need a minimum of 7 gpio (possibly with hardware i2c and 2 interrupts)
The memory have to be not less than 8kbyte
Dip or soic package not smaller
Supported by the arduino environment, i am using the dr azzy core
Cheap and easily available

I was looking for the attiny84 but i buy everything from aliexpress and there 5 pieces cost 10 euros!

Every help would be very appreciated :smiley:

The tiny84 (or 841 - it's only slightly more expensive and has a way better feature set - but unfortunately only SOIC and smaller packages, no DIP) would be your go-to AVR here.

Aliexpress IME is hit-or-miss for microcontrollers and IC's. There are some that you can get crazy cheap there, but most of the time, the deals don't end up being that good compared to the professional electronics supply houses (Mouser, Newark/Farnell, Digikey, etc) - Tiny84 and 841 are both like 70-something cents a pop from Mouser and Digikey.

This is a stark contrast to passives, LEDs, and stuff like that, where aliexpress and ebay direct-from-china usually beat the western supply houses, often by an difficult-to-belive margin.

DrAzzy:
The tiny84 (or 841 - it's only slightly more expensive and has a way better feature set - but unfortunately only SOIC and smaller packages, no DIP) would be your go-to AVR here.

Aliexpress IME is hit-or-miss for microcontrollers and IC's. There are some that you can get crazy cheap there, but most of the time, the deals don't end up being that good compared to the professional electronics supply houses (Mouser, Newark/Farnell, Digikey, etc) - Tiny84 and 841 are both like 70-something cents a pop from Mouser and Digikey.

This is a stark contrast to passives, LEDs, and stuff like that, where aliexpress and ebay direct-from-china usually beat the western supply houses, often by an difficult-to-belive margin.

yep you are right they are cheap, but living in europe the shipping cost kill me, for mouser its 20€ and for digikey 18€
i can't buy from them if i don't take more than 50€ :frowning:

What about Farnell/Newark? I thought one of those was europe-based, and hence affordable for european buyers.

That's just awful - in the US, digikey shipping is $3 or so at it's cheapest, and very fast.

Tied Hobbytronics or Robotshop? (I think Robotshop ships from France)

Farnell have crazy prices for these ic
Newark ships at 29 dollars
Hobbytronics has only t84 at 2 pound
Robotshop doesn t have any
Rs sells them for 2euros and charge 6 for shipping without taxes
Watterott has only already made boards

I need to start a electronics shop in europe :confused:

It is sad because i would like to buy from italian/european suppliers but i don t want to pay for too much overpriced equipment.

You may try www.tme.eu
It has not everything and is not cheapest of all but it has decent prices, sells in small amounts and has reasonable shipping costs (at least to my country).

Smajdalf:
You may try www.tme.eu
It has not everything and is not cheapest of all but it has decent prices, sells in small amounts and has reasonable shipping costs (at least to my country).

Them looks very good, really, where are them based? I just send them an email :smiley:

EDIT: at the end also tme ask for 11 euros for shipping, they have a store in italy and ask for 11 euros......
by the way which is the difference about packages between ssu and ssf?

aster94:
by the way which is the difference about packages between ssu and ssf?

the difference is operating temperature
ATtiny84
ssf: -40...125°C
ssu: -40...85°C

drAzzy i realized that changing mcu in my situation is better

between the 167 and 861 could you give me some advice?
i would rather to go for the 167 because it has more flash, bootloader support, 2 interrupts, hardware serial but your advice would be appreciated

Between the ones in the 20-pin packages...

1634 - general purpose all around best (1634R is my recommendatiuon - the R means tighter cal on the internal oscillator, for virtually no premium).
167 - If you're doing somethign that needs the LIN controller stuff
861 - If you need it in a DIP, and/or need the PLL-related features (high speed timer or 16mhz clock without external crystal.
4313 - If you can't get anything better (an 8313 would be a flexible and useful chip - but they never made one)

I wasn t able to find at a reasonable price the 1634 so i went for the 167 (even if for now i don t neew the lin bus), i took 5 of them for 6.5euros including tracked shipping not bad
Thank to everyone who helped me especially drAzzy