Go Down

Topic: IDE Very Slow And Can't Upload A Bootloader to a brand new Atmega328p (Read 671 times) previous topic - next topic

PiDuino

Hello, my name is Paul and lately my Arduino IDE is compiling a simple program very slow, i have deleted a few versions of old Microsoft Visual Studios and only left the new ones, so this might be the problem with it, i tried re-installing the IDE a couple times, i tried an older version, but it was the same deal.It takes about 1-3 minutes to compile a blink program and after the first time it compiles the program, it does it a little bit faster, like 40s to compile it.I'm using a Windows 10 laptop if that matters.
My full specs are:
Intel Core i5-6200u 2.4ghz;
AMD Radeon R5-M330;
8Gb Ram
directx 12
64-bit

This issue I've been having for at least a month and it feels like it gets slower and slower the more i use it.
Besides that, I've got another problem. I love robotics and recently, I made a PCB with an AtMega328p (smd), it was for a mini sumo robot (if you're interested). Basically it was a brand new chip with no Bootloader or nothing and I'm trying to burn it with USBasp Programmer, it says this:

""

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

Error while burning bootloader.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

""
I think it might be an issue with the drivers, but i do not think so, I've connected it right, i checked it a 100 times... I have the libusb-win32 driver for it and i can't find a better one.
If i try to upload any program to it via USB ttl serial programmer, but it gave me a not in sync error.
Would love to get an answer as fast as possible, because i've got a robotics competition in two weeks.
Sincerely,
Paul.

DrAzzy

The bootloading error suggests incorrect connections. It doesn't look like a driver issue - driver issues fail before they even try to talk to the chip (and the warning about sck speed is spurious)

Recheck all connections with a multimeter to make sure they are connected and are not shorted to eachother, vcc, or gnd.
ATTinyCore for x4/x5/x61/x7/x8/x41/1634/828/x313 megaTinyCore for the megaavr ATtinies - Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

PiDuino

Well, my USBasp is probably broken, because i tried using my friends stk programmer and it uploaded a bootloader almost instantly and i can now easily upload code via Serial ttl programmer. Now, i have only one problem left and that's my IDE is very, very slow.

ballscrewbob

Slow Compiles and uploads are PITA to diagnose and there are plenty of topics covering that if you wander around this section of the forum.

There is no magic single bullet for it.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

PiDuino

I tried reading the forums, but nothing helped, but the arduino online ide seems to work fine, although i can't really use it, because i mostly program not at home. If you need any more info, just ask.

ballscrewbob

Tell us WHICH things you tried so we dont have to go over them again please.

A nice list would be most helpful.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

PiDuino

I've tried reinstalling it and java, tried to use it as a zip non admin folder, installed an older version of it, disabled the wifi and bluetooth before compiling, but i used on raspberry pi, Linux, it's pretty much it...

Go Up