Go Down

Topic: Burning BootLoader (Read 854 times) previous topic - next topic

dsmith9583

I am trying to burn the bootloader on an ATMEGA328P-PU using my Arduino UNO as the ISP I have been following the Tutorial "Using an Arduino board to burn the bootloader onto an ATmega on a breadboard but when i try to burn the bootloader i get the folowing error.

***failed;
avrdude: WARNING: invalid value for unused bits in fuse "efuse", should be set to 1 according to datasheet. This behaviour is deprecated and will result in an error in future version. You probably want to use 0xfd instead of 0x05 (double check with your datasheet first).

I am using the ArduinoISP sketch loaded on the Arduino uno. i am tring to make a stand alone project but i am having problems burning the bootloader.

I am unsure what to do next. can anyone help?

Thank you DBS

pert

Please do this:
  • File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > upload (check) > OK
  • Tools > Burn Bootloader
  • Wait for the process to fail
  • Click the "Copy error messages" button on the right side of the orange bar.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

avrdude: WARNING: invalid value for unused bits in fuse "efuse", should be set to 1 according to datasheet. This behaviour is deprecated and will result in an error in future version. You probably want to use 0xfd instead of 0x05 (double check with your datasheet first).
You can ignore that warning. It's not the cause of your problem.

dsmith9583

After setting the Preferences > Show verbose out during:> upload (check) > OK I no longer get the error message when I Burn the bootloader. NO errors at all. any ideas why ?

Thank You for your help

pert

I remember reading about that "***failed;" thing now. It's a mystery even to the Arduino developer:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/5404#issuecomment-249124410
but I think it's nothing to worry about. I believe that the Burn Bootloader operation was successful both times but you just got sidetracked by the warning message. That message has actually been removed from the latest version because it was causing confusion.

dsmith9583

Thank You for your Help

DBS

Go Up