Go Down

Topic: Wave Shield 1.1 SD I/O Error 1, 0 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Dregre

I keep receiving SD I/O Error 1, 0 or SD I/O Error 1, FF when testing with the daphc example file. As far as I can see, the solder joints should be ok. Any help would be appreciated.
Images

Grumpy_Mike

You need to post a link to the shield you have. Did you make it from a kit? The joints look ok ish, but it looks like your iron is not getting hot enough. As the error is SD card related is this wired up correctly for the type of Arduino you are trying to use it on? For example if it were designed for a Uno it needs different pins for a Mega.

xl97

^ I agree... you dont even state what Arduino you are trying to use this with?

That being said.. looks like the Adafruit WaveShield board: https://www.adafruit.com/product/94

If you visit the Adafruit forums.. you'll see 100's of posts like this... walk through each one to see if the proposed solutions work for you.

* Are chips seated correctly/orientation correct?
* Check for any cold solder joints
* Check for any bridges pads/connections
* Try an alternate SD card

Also, post some pics of how you have it wired up when you have it connected to your Arduino..

Correct CS pin selected & used in code?

I have built and used several these boards.. they are pretty straight forward (if not a bit soft on the volume side of things)

Go Up