Virtual, variable resistors, with saved presets recallable by MIDI

allanhurst:
You can buy electronically controlled potentiometers that can do the job, There are MIDI libraries available for the arduino, and it could easily drive the electronic pots.

By "electronically controlled POT", do you mean motorized POTs?

I had thought about this too, but wasn't sure if the motorized POTs could feed the location signal back to the MIDI device for preset storage. I had also read in another thread that determining initial position upon power up can be tricky. Is this why I se "dual channel" motorized POTs in my searches? One channel for the signal, and the 2nd channel to feed location info back to a controller?

Any suggestions on ones which might be good for this? I dug into the pedal a little further, and the POTs being used are 100k. They're marked "4B100K" under the chassis.

So 1st step would be to get the POTs replaced with motorized ones, and then send them a basic signal to see how the pedal reacts to them moving under motor power. Want to make sure I'm not injecting audio noise into the guitar's signal by placing little motors inside the pedal.