Go Down

Topic: what i have been up to, thus far. (Read 48623 times) previous topic - next topic

Qdeathstar

How often do you drive more than 300 miles in a day?
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

Qdeathstar

Jul 02, 2017, 02:47 pm Last Edit: Jul 02, 2017, 02:49 pm by Qdeathstar
my comment on the vide is that it wouldn't download... also, youtube is very strict about copywrite...  besides, even if they did steal it it's a video of a cnc machine not a theatrical masterpiece...

TomGeorge

Hi, mate.
Just downloaded the wmv file, no problems.
Play too, nice sound isn't it when you hit the button and the stepper squeal greats you ears.

Tom... :) :o :o :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

TomGeorge

Hi mate,
Hope you have an accessible E-Stop button fitted?

Tom... :)

Qdeathstar

what drivers are you doing using?

TomGeorge

Leadshine DM542E

I was using some cheap ones from China, but they were poor quality. these were recommend to me, and i must say, they work pretty good. :D

~Travis
When you look at their ONLINE price, a definite good purchase.
Tom.... :o :o :o :)

Qdeathstar

looks like a deal, there was someone else looking for a driver capable of driving a stepper that consumed 4 amps... i'm not sure if he considered 35 bucks to be expensive though. Looks pretty nice. I bet it makes even louder music :D

TomGeorge

Hi,
Nice job, but will the client want the woodworking gear in the middle of the kitchen floor?

Tom... :) :) :) :)

Qdeathstar

yikes. Nothing worse that homeowner electrical work. They never get the wires tightened enough or the right way around the screws!

Qdeathstar

i'm surprised people stil say for fully custom cabinets... looks like high quality craftsmanship though..

TKall

sure don't want to fall on the stairs.  I might suggest tempered glass(shatterproof) in that window.

TomGeorge

probably not permanently ;) but it is a convenient location to setup, as that is where the electrical is run, so far (home-owner is doing the electrical).

~Travis
You can't do that in Australia, that is what sparkies are for.
Electrical installation has to be to code and done by qualified Electrician and Signed Off on completion. (Paper trail)
Although it seems we got a huge batch of Chinese manufactured Mains Cable that it not to spec as well as Highrise building cladding that has been installed.
Tom.... :o :o :o :o :o :o

Qdeathstar

In the united states it varies from state to state but here, homeowners can do they're own electrical work if they want, but it stil has to be permitted and inspected. But plenty of people do work without permits.

TomGeorge

Jul 24, 2017, 05:05 am Last Edit: Jul 24, 2017, 05:06 am by TomGeorge
i am still using the test homing sensors, as i wanted to verify that the system was returned to working order before i change anything. just makes it easier to debug.

No! No! No!   Travis Maaate, that is too logical, you don't do that sort of thing in this forum..

You might learn something...

Tom.... :) :o :) :o

GoForSmoke

This may be a good time to shop for leds. You could have extra lighting to beat the winter gray ready before Halloween snow.

I did get my $2 led disks working cooler by blinking them fast, 1ms ON/OFF and still they're too bright to look at without seeing afterimages. I switch power between the two (a PORT write, both switch in the same cycle) to have the least draw, I might be able to power 8 disks with a 1 Amp 12V supply.

Each disk has 36 led junctions all wired up for 12V. I used cheap (paid $5.something for 50) MOSFETs, 1 per disk.

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, think about the free or on sale many-led flashlights as light sources. You only need to replace the batteries and hack a mount to brighten a dark corner.

See what deals you can get while you have weeks to get them. A little here and there, you could build a nice lighting system.
1) http://gammon.com.au/blink  <-- tasking Arduino 1-2-3
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial <-- techniques howto
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts
Your sketch can sense ongoing process events in time.
Your sketch can make events to control it over time.

Go Up