"Thermal ramp" arduino project

Hi everyone ,

i'm new in the forum, my name is francesco and i'm a chemist. I need your help for a project.

I would like to develop a system for heating and cooling a liquid through cycles (e.g. heating: 5 ° C / min cooling: 2 ° C / min). In addition, the temperature variation profile I would like to display on an LCD screen.
What can you advise me about? I'm not a programmer, so if you can suggest codes to study, it would be perfect.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
See you soon,
Francesco.

Where you planning on using to heat and cool the liquid?

The Arduino Uno may not be the choice for this.

franz:
Hi everyone ,

i'm new in the forum, my name is francesco and i'm a chemist. I need your help for a project.

I would like to develop a system for heating and cooling a liquid through cycles (e.g. heating: 5 ° C / min cooling: 2 ° C / min). In addition, the temperature variation profile I would like to display on an LCD screen.
What can you advise me about? I'm not a programmer, so if you can suggest codes to study, it would be perfect.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
See you soon,
Francesco.

And we are not mind readers. So give more description of what you are heating and cooling, where it is going to be done, and what you are going to power this operation with, and what temperature limits you are going to have.

Paul

Thanks for the answers.

So, i need to heating and cooling an oil bath, at max 250 °C. The important things is that the ramps of heating and cooling should be very slow.
I had thought to use to heat a plate with a resistance and to cool a cold air stream (fan with peltier).

What arduino could I use to do this?

Any Arduino can do what you want. But, first, what volume of oil and how large of a container will be heated? The reason I ask is it would be easier to heat and cool a small stream of oil that is pumped out of the container and back into the container to continuously circulate the oil.

Paul