Go Down

Topic: Homemade pcb with Photoresist method (Read 4037 times) previous topic - next topic

aster94

Hello,

Since in this forum we are almost all hobbyist i thought to write  here

I get bored of paper transfer method and time lost so i wanted to switch to the photoresist.
About the spray a lot of people use the positiv-20, it s 15 euros in europe, someone knows any alternative?
And for the transparent paper which one do you use? I don t want to buy the cheapest and then trough it

Any link or suggestion would be very appreciared  :)

larryd

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

CrossRoads

Salt, vinegar, hyrdogen peroxide seems viable also
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hydrogen+peroxide+vinegar+salt+pcb

I send out for all my boards,  I won't give up plated thru holes, stenciling, solder mask.  And not having to not drill holes.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Wawa

Once you have used a board house, you never go back to making your own.
Leo..

aster94

Really i asked a suggestion about which photoresist spray and  transparent paper I should use... I never mentioned the etchant solution or how to do it

Wawa i agree, but what do you do when you need only 1 board?

Wawa

I use my $3,000 CNC machine for that.
Leo..

GypsumFantastic

I use tracing paper in a laser printer. I think it takes the toner a bit better than the acetate sheets some people use. I've had some really crisp results.

I buy pre-sensitised boards though, so I'm afraid I can't offer any advice with the spray stuff.

I like doing it myself. I enjoy the process.

aster94

Leo..
You like to play the easy games ahahah one day i will have a cnc but this is not the day

I use tracing paper in a laser printer. I think it takes the toner a bit better than the acetate sheets some people use. I've had some really crisp results.

I buy pre-sensitised boards though, so I'm afraid I can't offer any advice with the spray stuff.

I like doing it myself. I enjoy the process.
Could you give me a link or only the brand of this tracing paper?

MarkDerbyshire

May 16, 2017, 11:05 am Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:20 am by MarkDerbyshire
To make the mask I use JetStar for Inkjets.  

Inkjet/laser pcb film

They also do one for laser printers.  It is easier and better results to by the pre sensitized boards and I expose in a UV box from ebay.

ElCaron

Throw away the other 9 boards? Seeed just reduced their price to 5$ for 10 10x10cm^2 boards.
The only reason not to do that is the three weeks shipping time.

Wawa

Some board houses have 5 boards for the same price as 10.
But this could reduce freight cost (which is the biggest killer).
Shop around.
Leo..

aster94

Throw away the other 9 boards? Seeed just reduced their price to 5$ for 10 10x10cm^2 boards.
The only reason not to do that is the three weeks shipping time.
yep plus the 13€ for shipping, maybe in your country it is cheaper

GypsumFantastic

Could you give me a link or only the brand of this tracing paper?
It's Gateway brand but I don't think there's anything special about it. It was the first one I found in the stationery catalogue we use at work.

It's 90gsm which is just a bit thicker than standard copy/laser paper - I think that makes it a bit easier to handle.

This is the stuff.

I made my own exposure box using a UV CFL tube from a pond steriliser. It takes a long time to expose (about 15 minutes) but as I said, the results have been good.

allanhurst

Leo..
Well, it's ok for some, but I bet you can' t do 4 thou track and spacing and 10 thou vias....
And how do you register top and bottom layers?

And as for mutilayers - that's tricky.

I've etched my own in the past, but professionally made boards are so good and cheap I woudn't bother these days.

And maybe the slow boat is partially a good thing - it makes you check thoroughly before ordering..

Allan

Boardburner2

I would second the use of pre sensitised boards.

The spray on stuff i found to be finnicy, and have not used it for 30 years or so.

Go Up