Go Down

Topic: Is my Arduino Uno R3 is fake (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

takshch

Jun 08, 2017, 10:39 pm Last Edit: Jun 08, 2017, 10:49 pm by takshch
Hello Guys,
I have purchased and received Arduino Uno R3 and it is completely different.
Details Observed : Same Logo, but different in color, it is green instead of blueish, and white small case attached at bottom of it.
Code : *UTM17B006160*
This code shown in box and please check this code so i can be sure that is original Arduino Uno R3 which is made in Italy and also provide seller information.
I am from India and many clone are available So please help me...

pert

Here's a guide to spotting a counterfeit:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/products/counterfeit

That is for the arduino.cc boards. The greenish color makes me think you have an arduino.org board. If that's the case arduino.org should be printed on the silkscreen. I think that .org counterfeits are less common because they have only been made for the last year or so.

One sure way to spot a counterfeit is price. If you're buying a new Uno for less than $15 USD then it's definitely a counterfeit. However, a high price doesn't guarantee that the board is real.

Robin2

It is perfectly legitimate to make clones of Arduino boards as it is an Open Source design. What would be illegal is pretending they were made by Arduino.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

takshch

Seller is cheater as he is using arduino.cc boards photo on website and provide arduino.org boards to costumers. So i have question that is which boards is better arduino.cc boards either arduino.org boards.
Please tell me..

Johan_Ha

I ordered a Chinese robot car for 20 €. It was on bargain. With it came a Uno, a sensor shield and a motor control board. And a micro servo and a micro tilt robot thingy. And an ultra sonic distance sensor. Everything seems to work ok, though it's not original Arduino stuff. But the sensor shield has Arduino printed on it. The shield is nothing but a passive board with just handy connectors, so who knows, it might be original, because the original price can't be high. But if it's not, it shouldn't be that big deal.

If you ask for help and write 'u' instead of 'you' because you think it's convenient, I will write 'no' instead of 'yes'. For same reasons.

Robin2

which boards is better arduino.cc boards either arduino.org boards.
This distinction arose out of a dispute between the Arduino founders which has now been settled. If the boards are technically similar I would expect their quality also to be similar - but I have no personal experience of Arduino.org products.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up