Go Down

Topic: New to this (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Racrac7@gmail.com

May 30, 2017, 06:44 pm Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:00 pm by Racrac7@gmail.com
Quick Summary: I'm New, What do I buy my 9 year old brother who is also new? What is ENG and SPA? Details below

Hey everybody! Been looking at buying a starter kit for my brother. He is 9 going on 10 and he has never done anything like this so I don't want to put out a lot of money. I really think this is the kind of stuff he would like, but I don't want to waste money if he will never use it. I thought about going with Sainsmart so that he can have a cheaper option at first in case he doesn't like it (but I don't want it to be awful). What would be a good starter thing for a 10 year old to really grab his attention so that he can fall in love with this? I looked at the Arduino Starter Kit, but it asked me what kind I want, like ENG or SPA. And I have no idea if this is even the best kit for him, if so, I don't know which 3 letters I should get. What do they mean? Please help because his birthday is 2 weeks away.

Racrac7@gmail.com

I also have been thinking about buying him this: https://www.sainsmart.com/4-digit-led-digital-electronic-clock-diy-kit-light-control-transparent-case-red-blue-light.html Because its pretty cheap, and then if he doesn't like it. I didn't waste $90. Plus its BOGO, so I could see if I like it too!

Robin2

DO NOT use your email address as your username unless you really enjoy receiving emails from spammers.

And what has your question got to do with Arduinos?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

chummer1010

I looked at the Arduino Starter Kit, but it asked me what kind I want, like ENG or SPA. And I have no idea if this is even the best kit for him, if so, I don't know which 3 letters I should get. What do they mean? Please help because his birthday is 2 weeks away.
I could be mistaken, but I believe ENG is referring to English, and SPA to Spanish. I would highly recommend the starter kit, I received it when I was 11, and it has been a huge help to the point I am at now.
#include <signature.h>

Racrac7@gmail.com

...thanks, now I feel smart! Hahahahaha, then I will go with ENG. thanks for the tip shout my name!

Go Up