Go Down

Topic: loading a phot to the arduino CNC Shield to engrave on wood. (Read 465 times) previous topic - next topic

ctbruce

What is the process to download a photo so I can engrave it onto wood? I have the Arduino R3 controller with the Arduino CNC Shield.
Thank You Bruce

email: brucekramer07@gmail.com

ballscrewbob

That is usually done by software EXTERNAL to the IDE and NOT the IDE,

There doesn't seem to be a CNC or 3D printer / engraver specific section.
Maybe you need to look elsewhere GOOGLE seems to have lots to say about "photo to cnc"

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

larryd

The image would be vectorized on a PC.
The vectors would be converted to G code, HP plot format or other similar file format.
The file would be sent to the Arduino CNC unit (one xyz point at a time)  which controls the positioning and timing for the XYZ steppers.

No technical PMs.
If you are asked a question, please respond with an answer.
If you are asked for more information, please supply it.
If you need clarification, ask for help.

ctbruce

What is the process to download a photo so I can engrave it onto wood? I have the Arduino R3 controller with the Arduino CNC Shield.
Thank You Bruce

email: brucekramer07@gmail.com
I guess I really didn't ask the right thing.

I have a home built laser engraver controlled by an Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino CNC Shield which fits ontop of the R3. I have pictures both bitmap and jpeg. How can I get my laser engraver to do these types of pictures or other items not in g code?
Thanks for the help and sorry for the first weak info.

ballscrewbob

My answer remains the same i'm afraid.

Its not an IDE issue.

You get a third party program and feed your picture into that which will then generate the G-Code either directly to the CNC shield or as a compatible file that can be loaded into GRBL or similar.

The google search  results I gave you should be more than enough to get on the right track.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

ctbruce

Go Up