Need help with a MKRFox1200, step by step

Sorry folks I´m totally new here with Arduino boards. So if this beginner questions bother you just ignore this post.

I´ve got my first Arduino board which shall work as usual GPS device in a car.

I´ve downloaded and installed the "Arduino Web Editor" (Win10). The board is by USB connected to the computer. Under "Sketchbook" i find a first sketch named "sketch_may23a". This is a date-name on which I´ve opened the editor the first time (in the meantime i was on vacation)? On the right side under "sketch_may23a" I´ve found and choose the board "Arduino MKRFox1200". In the text field under I can see:

/*

*/

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}

So what I´ve to do next? Step by step. Where can I find a tutorial to have at least GPS location device in my hand?

Thx for all. :confused:

Do you want help with the Web Editor or the MKR fox board itself ?

There are some example programs in the editor available for the MKRfox.

1. Open CREATE EDITOR
  2. Click on LIBRARIES
  3. in the search box on the libraries column type "mkr" and press enter.

Now simply select an example to test the board ensuring you fill in any required fields such as ID, PAC etc.

Thx for your feedback ballscrewbob.

I´m interested in the MKRFox1200 board and get the GPS "program" started. I´m best in learning with a practical example.

Now to your first steps:

1. Open CREATE EDITOR
  2. Click on LIBRARIES
  3. in the search box on the libraries column type "mkr" and press enter.

Found "Arduino SigFox for MKRFOX1200". What next? Click on the "Include" button ? Or go first further with reading "FirstConfiguration" at "https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SigFoxFirstConfiguration"?

If we should discuss this in a more direct way I may write an email or direct message to you.

Yes click on the include and open the "first Configuration example" Study that especially the areas that need ID etc. That way you will know where to place the information it will need.

As far as any other help the MKR fox is not yet available in my region yet so I would suggest any further reading you can. Learn about your board and its capabilities before you play too much.

The lack of understanding about Arduino boards is the biggest single factor so many people ask for even the most simple help. If it your first foray into this field then take baby steps as "hands on learning" is the greatest thing you can teach yourself.

Ok "include" Arduino SigFox for MKRFOX1200 and doing the first steps with the "Blink" example. Worked fine.

Then uploaded the example "EventTrigger". The upload was successful but short after upload the board wasn´t accessible anymore. Change to every USB port on computer and change also the USB cable. No connection.

Press several times the reset button. Nothing.

Reinstall the Arduino IDE inclusive the Arduino SAMD Board ver. 1.6.19. Nothing.

This is a real hassle.

The board is dead? I was doing it wrong?

Did you try the "Quickly double tap the reset button" trick to put it in bootloader mode ?
It will show up on a new com port if that works. At that point put something simple on it like "Bare Minimum" or " Blink" from examples.

You might have to re-run the first configuration sketch again (not sure).