Go Down

Topic: help needed (Read 734 times) previous topic - next topic

true_noob

he I am doing a school project and I picked a job that I have no clue what I need to no and was hoping someone out there is nice enough to help out as I spend 2/5 of my classes at a TAFE program so I can't get much help
|
|
|
|
|
\/

I need to make a speaker turn on to play music when a sensor is active by waving off walking next to it and then turn off when walked next to

sterretje

You will need some form of sensor to detect presence of a (moving) object. Possible options are a PIR sensor or a HC-SR04 (there might be others).

What kind of music? You can compose and store a simple melody in memory and play that. There are also mp3 shields that can play songs. I think they come with a sd card reader; you can do a little search for 'arduino mp3'.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Grumpy_Mike

I would get one of these https://www.adafruit.com/product/94 and look at the tutorials for it. Look at the one for playing when you press a button and replace the button with your sensor.

have no clue what I need to no
Or indeed need to know.

at a TAFE program
In English English Tafe is a slang word for a man from Wales. What is it in your language?

BJHenry

In English English Tafe is a slang word for a man from Wales. What is it in your language?
He might be Australian- over here TAFE is like trade school or maybe community college in the US.

mercmobily

For what it's worth, yes, definitely Australian. And it looks like he's after help with an assignment. (I am Australian too)

Go Up