Go Down

Topic: simple code help (Read 893 times) previous topic - next topic

baddspella

ok so for the past 2 hours iv been playing around with this code http://pastebin.com/m1216787f and im trying to get it set onto mode 3, where it works using a light depended risistor.

and i dont know how to the crappity smack to get it into the mode ?

OR
if some one could. could some one write me a small code that will turn the servo one way when light hits the light dependent risistor, and then it turns the other way when there is no light on it ?

i would realy apreshiate it, as im building an automatic door for my pet chickens.

-Gab

mem

Feb 11, 2010, 11:27 am Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010, 11:27 am by mem Reason: 1
did you intend it to toggle when  analogRead(LIGHTPIN) is less than LIGHTTHRESHOLD ?
I would have thought that you would turn it on or off depending on the light level.

anyway, a tip is to write a simple test sketch that just handles the photocell code and use Serial.print statments if you need to debug this.

baddspella

yer i want it to open when theres light and close when theres no light.

iv tryed but im not to crash with programing :/

mem

Gab, I just noticed that you cross posted this. Could you past a link to here in your other thread and close it.

Asking the same question in two different threads can result in people wasting time answering a question that has already been answered

baddspella

mem

Feb 11, 2010, 11:56 am Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010, 11:58 am by mem Reason: 1
perhaps change the code to something like this:
Code: [Select]
  if(analogRead(LIGHTPIN) < LIGHTTHRESHOLD){ //if light is brighter than the threshold value
    turnOn();                     
  }
  else{       
    turnOff()
  }
  delay(1000);         //wait a second to avoid double toggling  
  lastRun = millis();  //set lastRun to current time

I am not sure what lastRun does but this should get you closer.

I strongly suggest that if you need more help with this part of the code that you write a simple sketch that just reads the light level and calls a turnOn or turnOff function that prints a message to the serial monitor. When you have that logic working as you want you can add it back into that servo code.

Go Up