Go Down

Topic: collect2.exe: error: 1d returned 1 exit status (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

monkeyknuckler

I have a nano and computer is Win10.
I copied part of one compiled and working program into another compiled and working program. This is for a Bob the Biped. I was having the same errors compiling with the SimpleSDAudio library SD card play at one time, but it was magically fixed by  writing out all but 2 of the files on my random generator, and it compiled and worked. Then, I wrote in 3 more files at a time, and magically, they all eventually were compiled and were working.
Now, I bring in the reading/playing of the SD files into my main program and I get these error messages.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank you.
-monk

DrAzzy

Jun 24, 2017, 11:54 pm Last Edit: Jun 24, 2017, 11:55 pm by DrAzzy
Is that the full text of the error message?

What version of the IDE, and did you install it through the windows store? Windows store version was broken until very recently.
ATTinyCore for x4/x5/x61/x7/x8/x41/1634/828/x313 megaTinyCore for the megaavr ATtinies - Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

monkeyknuckler

I have 1.8.2  Downloaded from the Arduino site.

Here is the  error code:

Code: [Select]

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

C:\Users\BOBDE_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_51036\libraries\SimpleSDAudio\SimpleSDAudio.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `SdPlayClass::stop()':

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_11'

C:\Users\BOBDE_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_51036\libraries\Servo\avr\Servo.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Using library Servo at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Servo
Using library SimpleSDAudio in folder: C:\Users\bobde_000\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SimpleSDAudio (legacy)
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

monkeyknuckler

Jun 25, 2017, 04:10 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2017, 05:35 pm by monkeyknuckler
UPDATE:  Just entering the library for SimpleSDAudio in a previously compiled program:

#include <SimpleSDAudio.h>

I get these error messages. When I take the library out, it compiles.
I have a different program opened side by side with the same SimpleSDAudio library and it compiles.

Why would one program compile and one not, using the same library?

dannable

For a full explanation, along with various solutions, do a search for "multiple definition of `__vector_11'".

sterretje

Your servo and your simplesdaudio use the same interrupt. You will have to change one of them to use another interrupt; sometimes the library author made it easy, sometimes not.

I suspect it relates to timers, but not sure (no pc at hand at the moment) which interrupt __vector_11 is.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

monkeyknuckler

Right. Incompatible libraries. Thanks for replies.

Go Up