Go Down

Topic: Arduino shutting down when 4 motors are connected (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Wawa

there is not such a shield in fritzing program, so I just put that one.
The exact reason why most of us hate Fritzing.

I have tested it with separate power supply with removed jumper. However chip heat up real quick.
So it works with a separate supply.

As said, that shield (L293D chips) is old technology.
The high dropout voltage of the chips result in lots of wasted power.
Those chips are really made for high voltage/low current motors.
Leo..

SimpleThings

Jun 30, 2017, 10:08 pm Last Edit: Jul 01, 2017, 12:08 am by SimpleThings
Okay I managed to borrow two Lithium Ion batteries, one with ~7V and another with ~8V. I used them to separately power supply both microcontroller & sensors and DC motor driver and it works fine now.
Having 7V connected to atmega2560, Vin pin, wont cause any problems to the microcontroller?

Power_Broker

Okay I managed to borrow two Lithium Ion batteries, one with ~7V and another with ~8V. I used them to separately power supply both microcontroller & sensors and DC motor driver and it works fine now.
Having 7V connected to atmega2560, Vin pin, wont cause any problems to the microcontroller?
Only if the voltage drops too much due to battery depletion. I think the on board voltage regulator that uses the Vin pin needs at least 7V, but I could be wrong. If it does require at least 7V, you could be cutting it close.
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

Go Up