Go Down

Topic: ! PLEASE HELP ! Coding for Midi CC to Midi Note (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

loudcloudbangpow

Thanks for stopping by,

What I'm trying to do is interoperate specific midi ControlCharges being produced by my Art X-15 Ultrafoot pedal going into my midi shield and to out put them as midi notes such as C, C#, D, D# to be triggered on my KP3 (korg kaoss pad 3).

If anyone knows of a good tutorial or can help me so I can share with the KorgForums to help the world, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advanced :)

Coding Badly

@loudcloudbangpow, do not cross-post.  Do not hijack.  Trash removed.

slipstick

In general it's perfectly possible to intercept certain MIDI messages and convert them to different messages and a search round the forum will find plenty of examples of people doing that. But you'll need to provide a bit more information than just "certain CC" to "MIDI notes". BTW CC = Control Change not Charge.

One thing to consider is a "Note" consists of two messages Note On and Note Off. A CC is usually just one. Someone is going to have to decide when the notes end or it's going to be a real mess.

Steve

loudcloudbangpow

@slipstick

Thank you for that information. Terminology is everything and I appreciate your distinction of terms.

I'll keep digging around though, there is much to search through here but I will repost here to keep it consolidated.

@codingbadly

Speaking of defining terms, and with all due respect, is sharing knowledge trash? I'm here because this seems to be a friendly place for learning/sharing and I'm getting a hostile tone from your comment. If what you are saying is valid, please explain why so others might understand too.

Thank you

Coding Badly

Jun 30, 2017, 05:24 pm Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017, 05:25 pm by Coding Badly
Speaking of defining terms, and with all due respect, is sharing knowledge trash?
Posting the same question three times.  Two of those posts waste your time and waste the time of those trying to help you.  That makes them trash.

Don't like your posts being labeled "trash"?  Stop cross-posting.

I'm getting a hostile tone from your comment.
Don't like my tone?  Stop forcing me to be your refuse collector.

AWOL

@loudcloudbangpow:  {bullhorn SFX} step away from the "report to moderator" control, and no-one needs to get hurt.{/bullhorn SFX}

pjrc

Cross posting is a bad idea.  At first 3 messages might seem to triple your chances of getting a reply.  But in fact the people most likely to help will notice.  You only get 1 chance to make a first impression, and even the most generous & helpful people get annoyed when they see duplicate copies of the question.  Why should anyone go to the work of answering your question and trying to help you, when there's only a 1 in 3 chance other people might later find the answer?

slipstick

Why should anyone go to the work of answering your question and trying to help you, when there's only a 1 in 3 chance other people might later find the answer?
And a fairly high probability that they will waste their time typing out an answer that someone else already gave you in one of the other versions of your question.

It's not just an arbitrary rule. You don't get help by irritating the people you expect to help you.

Steve

Go Up