Go Down

Topic: Save a Due? (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

EasyGoing1

I'm not exactly sure what happened ... I was connecting a pin to a point on the breadboard that I wanted to monitor, and the Due was connected to my MacBook Pro via USB and I had external power connected via the barrel connector of roughly 7 or 8 volts. When I connected the pin, my MacBook instantly turned off.

It rebooted fine, but now the programming port on the Due does not ever show up on the computer (the LEDs do light up when connected to the USB port - no external power at all). The native port does show up, and I can SOMETIMES upload sketches to the Due, but so far I can only upload one or two after a reboot then it just gives me this anytime I try to upload a sketch:

Sketch uses 30680 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524288 bytes.
No device found on cu.usbmodem38
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Any hope for this thing?

ard_newbie

If you are using the USB port, check your USB cable. Before uploading a sketch, push the erase button for 3 seconds then the reset button for 3 seconds, then select and check your COM port which should show as something like COM x Native USB Port in your IDE window.

You can always use the Programming Port to upload your sketch, which might be easier.

EasyGoing1

Jul 05, 2017, 09:32 pm Last Edit: Jul 05, 2017, 10:07 pm by EasyGoing1
If you are using the USB port, check your USB cable. Before uploading a sketch, push the erase button for 3 seconds then the reset button for 3 seconds, then select and check your COM port which should show as something like COM x Native USB Port in your IDE window.

You can always use the Programming Port to upload your sketch, which might be easier.
1) I'm using a Mac (as I mentioned several times in my original post), so USB ports never show up as COM ports like they do in Windows.
2) I said in my original post that the programming port is no longer visible ... did you even read the post?

bobcousins

Any hope for this thing?
Sounds like the 16u2 side is damaged. In theory you should be able to program via the native port, if you perform a manual erase/reset. But since the 16u2 also connects to the erase and reset lines, it could be interfering with normal operation.

You could try removing the 16u2, but I think that is a long shot.
Please ask questions in the forum so everyone can benefit. PM me for paid work.

Go Up