Go Down

Topic: [Solved] Sketch naming limitations (Read 355 times) previous topic - next topic

brianeo

Jul 11, 2017, 07:32 pm Last Edit: Jul 17, 2017, 04:46 pm by 00alis
The zip file attached is an example of some sketches I am trying to upload to the web editor. Certain similar files will upload successfully, while other won't. I have tried re-naming the file, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. This is a link to a similar sketch file which uploaded successfully: https://create.arduino.cc/editor/brianeo/0bb104ae-2864-46b6-bdee-fcde721fa158

smellai

Hi @brianeo,
the problem seems to be that the file name is too long, it must be maximum 28 characters. But for sure we need to show a proper error message, we'll look at it as soon as possible, thanks for your report!

brianeo

Giving the file a 28-or-less name uploads successfully. I noticed another feature of the web editor. If only the .ino file name is changed -but not the folder name- and both are zipped and uploaded, the resulting web folder name will be changed to the .ino file name. I have 32 sketches to upload. Not all file names are more than 28 characters, but now they will all be changed for a consistent naming convention. Only having to change the file name once for each will save time. This project will be shared. It can't be as messy as my desktop folders!

Go Up