Go Down

Topic: Audio Out to Bluetooth Speaker? (Read 2005 times) previous topic - next topic

SnowsongWolf

Let's start with the basics of the project.  I'm making a talking sword prop.  The issue is the sword's voice is very baritone so small speakers don't replicate or throw the sound well.  So I decided to have the sword (which has glyphs that illuminate/flash to the voice) send the audio to a higher quality (and not unsubstantial weight) speaker hidden on the cosplayer's body.

What I want to do is have the audio files contained on an SD card inside the sword and output to something like a bc127, intercepting the audio levels with the analog meter to control the glyph LEDs (probably NeoPixels for the colors I need).  But I'm having trouble finding a bluetooth module for Arduino designed to work as an audio source (mostly I find tutorials on how to do the media controls).  Does anyone have any information on how I can do this?  Because of the motions the cosplayer will be doing, a wired connection is not an option.

INTP

I'd consider an Arduino in the sword, and a Pi on your person. Connect the two with BT. The Pi enables you to have better audio files stored on an SD card and wired connection to speaker.

Power_Broker

For easy and high(er) quality sound, I'd use a DFPlayer MP3 player (easily compatible with Arduino) instead of messing with a RPi.
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

Go Up