Go Down

Topic: Sorting digital signals (Read 4430 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Looking at his pictures he is saying he wants the red bar when there are no yellow bar appearing/overlapping
And only the narrow red bars, if I understand it correctly.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

J-M-L

Which post#26 state machine would do
Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

Robin2

Which post#26 state machine would do
Your Reply #26 does not mention measuring the width of the red pulse.

Also, I have the impression that the OP wants the output to be HIGH simultaneously with the short red pulse being HIGH and that the output should never be HIGH if the red pulse is long.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

J-M-L

Ok my assumption based on the drawing was that yellow was always low during the short red pulse whilst yellow was going high at some point during the long red pulses...

Who knows... (besides the OP but seems MIA)
Hello - Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.
Bonjour Pas de messages privés SVP, postez dans le forum directement pour que ça profite à tous

bitoff_arduino

Your Reply #26 does not mention measuring the width of the red pulse.

Also, I have the impression that the OP wants the output to be HIGH simultaneously with the short red pulse being HIGH and that the output should never be HIGH if the red pulse is long.

...R
Yes Exactly. I understand that with the Puls Width method, i can only get an output after the short pulse has occured.

Robin2

Jul 24, 2017, 11:04 am Last Edit: Jul 24, 2017, 11:05 am by Robin2
Yes Exactly. I understand that with the Puls Width method, i can only get an output after the short pulse has occured.
I don't know of any arrangement that could identify a short pulse before the pulse is complete unless there is a repeating sequence in which the short pulse always occurs after some other series of pulses.

For example pulse K always appears after the sequence A M B so if you can identify that pulses A, M and B have happened you would know that the next one would be a K - always. So you would measure A, M and B but there would be no need to measure K.

We are now at Reply #35 and we still have no idea what you are trying to create even though I asked you to tell us in Reply #22.

...R

bitoff_arduino

I have a camera system which images some biological samples and simulatenously produces digital signals based on image characteristics.

Now I would like to sort some of these images based on this digital signal.My signal of interest is the one with shorter pulse width.

The suggested state machine solution looks good to me as it looks to reject the long pulse width signals and hence generates an output for the remaining short pulse width signals.

The pulse width method would produce an output after checking the pulse width of signals, which if i have understood correctly would require keeping track of pulse width of all digital pulses and
generating an output whenever pulse width is smaller than a threshold.

bitoff_arduino

unless there is a repeating sequence in which the short pulse always occurs after some other series of pulses.

This is not the case, there is no repetition.

Robin2

This is not the case, there is no repetition.
You are only replying to small pieces of the comments. You need to describe the whole system.

In Reply #34 you seem to be implying that identifying (or responding to) the short pulse after it has happened is not satisfactory Then in Reply #37 you seen to acknowledge that you can't detect the short pulse until afterwards but you have not linked the two issues so it is very hard to know what you really need.

Can you describe what you want to happen in words and without graphs taking account of all that we have said. Never mind whether it can be done or how it might be done. Just tell us in detail what your camera is perceiving and exactly what you want to happen and when.

I suspect it can be done, but until you tell us what is needed I can't suggest how.

...R

bitoff_arduino

Jul 24, 2017, 02:21 pm Last Edit: Jul 24, 2017, 02:27 pm by bitoff_arduino
You are only replying to small pieces of the comments. You need to describe the whole system.

In Reply #34 you seem to be implying that identifying (or responding to) the short pulse after it has happened is not satisfactory Then in Reply #37 you seen to acknowledge that you can't detect the short pulse until afterwards but you have not linked the two issues so it is very hard to know what you really need.

I suspect it can be done, but until you tell us what is needed I can't suggest how.

...R
Thank you so much for all the comments.

Output after a pulse has occured is acceptable for now but it's not the preferred solution.

The camera just outputs these two digital signals. This is the data i receive, and whatever needs to be done has to be done after the camera stage. I just want an arduino to receive these two digital signals and give me an output when the short pulses occur.

Robin2

The camera just outputs these two digital signals. This is the data i receive, and whatever needs to be done has to be done after the camera stage. I just want an arduino to receive these two digital signals and give me an output when the short pulses occur.
Why?

This all seems strangely secretive. What do you propose to use the Arduino output pulses for?

...R

bitoff_arduino

Why?

This all seems strangely secretive. What do you propose to use the Arduino output pulses for?

...R
The Arduino output triggers image acquistion in LabVIEW.

Robin2

Jul 24, 2017, 03:36 pm Last Edit: Jul 24, 2017, 03:37 pm by Robin2
The Arduino output triggers image acquistion in LabVIEW.
So that means that the pulse must happen while the image is available to be acquired. How long is the image available?

(Getting information from you is as bad as pulling teeth)

...R

Juraj

How I understand the original post. There are two different 'sensors' measuring some event. (both sensors the same event). The signal from the sensors is similar and OP wants to filter out the part where the signal from the 'sensors' is the same. But even though the sensors react on the same events the processing time or something else causes that they are not in sync if read from pins.. If they where in sync the output would by v1 xor v2 (?).
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Robin2

How I understand the original post.
Do you have a solution?

...R

Go Up