Go Down

Topic: Multitasking OS on an AVR (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

smeezekitty

Just for fun I wrote a simple multitasking OS for the AVR architecture. It supports SD cards with the FAT16 file system and has an ELF loader and relocator. It supports a few common system calls.

Here is a quick shot of it running on an Atmega328p

I'm not releasing the code right now because it's messy and there are a couple of major bugs.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

hansibull

Nice! Looking forward to look through the code. You should definitly publish this on Github :)
MightyCore -  ATmega1284, mega644, mega324, mega164, mega32, mega16, mega8535
Github.com/MCUdude/MightyCore

MiniCore - ATmega8, mega48, mega88, mega168, mega328
Github.com/MCUdude/MiniCore

Jiggy-Ninja

how much Flash space does this hog?

smeezekitty

Nice! Looking forward to look through the code. You should definitly publish this on Github :)
I should have it up pretty soon. I want to add some comments first (there are few)

how much Flash space does this hog?

~16K for the Kernel and bootloader. + Whatever applications you load from the SD card
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

mixographer

Somehow, when I think of smeezekitty, I think attiny13, and now we have jiggy-ninja accusing his software of being a memory-hog!! It just shows flexibility!!

Delta_G

Where was an accusation?  I just see a question. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

KeithRB

"hog" is pretty pejorative. "does this use" would have been a question.

Jiggy-Ninja

Go Up