Go Down

Topic: Using ESP8266 / Arduino and 2n2222 for Garage Door (Read 4170 times) previous topic - next topic

coogle

Aug 01, 2017, 09:49 pm Last Edit: Aug 01, 2017, 11:20 pm by coogle
Hmm, So I've given this a chance and I'm having some problems with the circuit I need to build to solve my problem. Could someone give me a hand?

How exactly could I go about setting up a circuit using optocouplers that allowed me to replicate this control board's features? I feel like I will need at least two optocouplers just for open/close but I'm not sure.

I came up with this circuit but I feel like this isn't correct. Any help would be very much appreciated!

wvmarle

You're right, definitely not correct: those optocouplers don't do anything this way as both sides are linked together.

Basically what you should do is take the circuit I drawn before, and replace the switches with optocouplers. Then you still have the problem that you're apparently switching AC so you would need two optocouplers in parallel (with the emitter/collector reversed) for each switch, so six optos in all.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

coogle

Aug 02, 2017, 10:02 pm Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017, 10:08 pm by coogle
Okay I think I got what you mean... does this schema reflect what you were suggesting?

Thank you by the way for all of your help (everyone!)

johandb

Please do not stop here, I would like to know the end of this story after making for such gripping reading.

Did the complex opto-coupler scenario work at least for the open/close part of the switch?

Go Up