Go Down

Topic: questin about wire the driver to the arduino ( stepper motor ) (Read 723 times) previous topic - next topic

yoyobazoka

i have nema 23 i want to work with 12v
i found the resist between the wires to the motor

i just dont know what is
PUL,FIR,ENA

i dont know how to wire to the arduino
i just know i have to connect them to 4 pins on the arduino
any tips?

Robin2

I think you mean Pul Dir and Ena

Pul is the connection for the step pulses
Dir is for direction
Ena is for turning the driver on and off - most likely there is no need to connect it, but check the datasheet for the driver

Connect Pul- and Dir- to the Arduino GND and connect the + connections to the pins you propose to use for step and direction.

If that does not work post a link to the datasheets for your stepper driver and for your motor.

...R

Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PieterP

All inputs use opto-couplers, that's why they have two connections each (one for the anode, one for the cathode of the LED).
Connect all cathodes to the Arduino's ground, and the anodes to 3 output pins of the Arduino.
If you drive "PUL" high, the stepper will take a single (micro)step.
If you keep "DIR" low, the motor will step in one direction, if you keep it high, it will step in the other direction.
If you keep "ENA" high, the motor will be free to move, all outputs will be off. (In normal operation, the driver remains on even when the motor is not turning, to prevent the shaft from turning.)

Pieter

yoyobazoka

All inputs use opto-couplers, that's why they have two connections each (one for the anode, one for the cathode of the LED).
Connect all cathodes to the Arduino's ground, and the anodes to 3 output pins of the Arduino.
If you drive "PUL" high, the stepper will take a single (micro)step.
If you keep "DIR" low, the motor will step in one direction, if you keep it high, it will step in the other direction.
If you keep "ENA" high, the motor will be free to move, all outputs will be off. (In normal operation, the driver remains on even when the motor is not turning, to prevent the shaft from turning.)

Pieter
@PieterP

if i wire like you said

how do i set up the motor ?

i just know this comment

Stepper name(stepsPerRevolution, 8, 9, 10, 11);

Robin2

how do i set up the motor ?

i just know this comment

Stepper name(stepsPerRevolution, 8, 9, 10, 11);
That line of code is for the standard Stepper library which is not suitable for your stepper driver. Use the AccelStepper library and its DRIVER option.

Or try the code in the link I gave you.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up