Go Down

Topic: old bootloader still not documented -tryin to mention this is a royal PITA (Read 125 times) previous topic - next topic

LarryB

Every time I switch around in this mishmash of Arduino websites, I'm asked again to sign in, but my Arduino site user/password doesn't work on the forums or on GitHub.  All I wanted to do was to mention that the upload problem of "old bootloader" is still not documented in the troubleshooting section. Sheesh!  I won't try to take part again.

sterretje

Regarding the old boot loader, it's mentioned in
Getting Started with the Arduino Nano]/url]

NOTE: We have updated the NANO board with a fresh bootloader. Boards sold from us from January 2018 have this new bootloader, while boards manufactured before that date have the old bootloader. First, make sure you have the Arduino AVR Core 1.16.21 or later looking at the Board Manager. Then, to program the NEW Arduino NANO boards you need to chose Processor > "ATmega328P". To program old boards you need to choose Processor > "ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)". If you get an error while uploading or you are not sure which bootloader you have, try each type of processor 328P until your board gets properly programmed.
I do understand that if you are a long term user of the IDE and have experience, the last place to look for this info is a "getting started" guide.

I'm not quite sure about your login issues and can't help. The only thing that I know is that GitHub is its own entity and does not have a relationship with Arduino; the only thing that Arduino does is dump their stuff there as do thousands of others.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

ballscrewbob

Github and many other sites are NOT owned by Arduino so expecting passwords and user names from one site to work on others is NOT going to work.

The exception to this is HACKSTER web site.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up