Go Down

Topic: Arduino lcd 1602 instead of original one from board (Read 683 times) previous topic - next topic

VTI_16V

Hello guys... I have Bavaria boat panel which has lcd1602 as a display... The problem was in the display, i replaced it with original one and it works... I have at home lcd 1602 for arduino, but i didn't want to try putting that one because i wasn't sure if the pin assigment is the same...  So i run a few measurments... Original lcd when connected to the board has first pin as GND, second as +5V, third one 1.5V which is ok for now... But the last pin (the most right one) has +10V on it, and pin next to him has 1V, while lcd for arduino should have last pin as GND (cathode) and pin next to him should have 3.3V (anode)... So do you have any ideas how could I connect 1602 from arduino istead of original one (original costs 40$!) and is there any way to determine other (data) pins? Links to the pictures are below, any help would be appreciated and it would be great to learn something about that display more :)... The connected one is original, the one above is for arduino

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2c44pc1hk/

https://postimg.cc/k6fGkPZn

Robin2

Please make your images visible in your Post. See this  Simple Image Guide

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

VTI_16V

RayLivingston

Those LCDs are a standard interface.  Every one I've seen (and that is hundreds of them) use the same pinout.

Regards,
Ray L.

VTI_16V

But the last pin (the most right one) has +10V on it, and pin next to him has 1V, while lcd for arduino should have last pin as GND (cathode) and pin next to him should have 3.3V (anode)... Well, this is what worries me, i checked the measurment a few times to be sure that it is correct

floresta

Pins 15 and 16 have nothing to do with the LCD interface, they are devoted solely to the LCD backlight.  As such the 'voltages' that you measure are essentially irrelevant since it is the LCD current that is important.

Your new LCD display should be just fine if you substitute it for the original one.  If the backlight appears to be too bright than you can add a series resistor to one of it's connections.

Don

VTI_16V

Go Up