C/C++ Course Specifically for Arduino programming

mudmin:
I will say that this thread is a pretty typical example of the frustration of the arduino community. Other than you, I just get lots of "there's plenty of them." Tons of books. Tons of courses. Yet not a link or even the name of one when that's clearly what I'm asking for.

I don't know whether I am typical of the more frequent posters here but I have read none of the books and I don't think I went through any of the tutorials.

I have been doing hobby programming for 35 years or so and I knew enough when I got my first Arduino so that I did not need them. I do have books on Ruby, Javascript, HTML and CSS. But I guess if I was starting those things now I probably would not buy them - just learn from the internet. For example when I switched (reluctantly) from Ruby to Python I did not buy a Python book.

Strange as it may seem you are more likely to get good advice about learning materials from other beginners. But, as far as I can see, they don't bother using the Forum once their own question has been answered.

...R